Startup screen freezes with the thin white load up bar 50% across the screen — TomTom Community

Startup screen freezes with the thin white load up bar 50% across the screen

erroserros Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 2018 in RIDER
Hi,
The startup issue only happens after I power off the unit and later try to start it up again,it will not load and eventually the spinning white circle appears on the screen shortly followed by the image showing the device and the computer not being connected.
I have carried out several full resets,this then allows MyDrive Connect to rebuild the software,the unit then loads as it is supposed to.Problem is,this happens every time I power off the 410.My version of MyDrive Connect I think is the latest version 4.1.4.3089.
I have a large UK tour coming up at the end of the month,for which,I am the lead rider so I would be reluctant to send the TT back to have it repaired in case it does not get returned to me in time for the tour......Help

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi erros,

It sounds like your device is stuck on recovery mode. You seem to have done the recovery mode procedure already, but just to make sure, please double check that you've done it as instructed here [support FAQ - Red X]. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service for further assistance. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • erroserros Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the quick response Mikko.
    Talking to friend of mine today,he has a Rider 410 and luckily for me,he had the same problem.When I first bought the 410,the first thing I did was to install a San Disk Ultra 32 GB Card,which formatted correctly so I was not looking at this as the problem.Without hesitation,my friend said "take the card out and I bet you it will work"Sure enough,it worked.
    I have tried to reformat the card again but the 410 seems to no longer recognise the San Disk as it keeps asking me to insert a card! I could understand this had I have purchased a cheap card but The San Disk Ultra is a class 10 item and is most definitely not cheap.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi erros,

Thanks for coming back about this!

Seems that your SD card might be faulty. You could try with another card and also check if the card works in another device.

Cheers, Mikko