Adventurer wish list — TomTom Community

Adventurer wish list

HenkGHenkG Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi

A new topic to share what we as users would like to see in future updates.

I mainly use my watch for trail and road running.

My top features for the adventurer/Spark series would be:
1. Silent alarm - this does not seem to be a complicated option to implement and one that many would find useful
2. Stride rate graph/analysis - or at least shown in splits - again the data is there, used as an average but it would be much more useful to see more granularity
3. Autopause during all sports

These would be my top requests to Tomtom developers. What is yours?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    HenkG wrote:
    Hi

A new topic to share what we as users would like to see in future updates.

I mainly use my watch for trail and road running.

My top features for the adventurer/Spark series would be:
    1. Silent alarm - this does not seem to be a complicated option to implement and one that many would find useful
    2. Stride rate graph/analysis - or at least shown in splits - again the data is there, used as an average but it would be much more useful to see more granularity
    3. Autopause during all sports

These would be my top requests to Tomtom developers. What is yours?

There are several of these posts already created, so it may be better to add to them rather than start another one. Here is some feedback based on several years on the forums. Bear in mind that any update is a balance of user demand and resources and what may seem simple on its face can be complicated in its implementation. There needs to be enough users that want to the feature to justify sending the resource dollars on implementing it, plus it has to be something that will drive additional sales of the product.

1) This has been asked for a few times with no change so I am not sure there is much interest in changing this. Most changes seems to be around improving connectivity or focused on sports activities so I am not sure how much focus is on the timekeeping side of it. I find the alarm to be so quiet already that it is basically silent, but a vibrate only would be nice.
    2) This would be a change on the MySports web portal and app side, not the watch (it is more likely to be done on the web as the app has limited viewing space due to phone sizes, I find the graphs basically unreadable on the app). I agree it would be nice to see cadence on the graphs just like there is HR and elevation.
    3) This has been a fairly common request for several years and so far has not been developed. This is actually a fairly complex feature as it requires a lot of assumptions around what is paused or slowed, taking into account GPS signal loss and drift, etc. It also is different based on the sport, as in hiking or running you are moving much more slowly than cycling so it needs different assumptions,. plus it has to take vertical change into account. I am personally not a huge fan of it on other watches as it seems to be wrong more often than it is right. Strava and other sites will automatically compute a moving time based on their analysis of the data so you always have it there, but it would be nice if it was included natively on the watch, as long as it can be toggled on and off.

They do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RickKRickK Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    tfarabaugh, why do you always quote the entire post you are replying to even when you are the first to reply?

It's a totally unconventional way of replying on a forum.

Sure, if there was some ambiguity as to which post you were replying to then I could understand - but its like you just do it automatically without any forethought!

You don't need to quote every post back to the OP. For everyone else reading the forum we can clearly see the logical progression of which post preceded your reply.

Quoting every post in full that you reply to just gives every single user of the forum twice as much to scroll through to get to the answer.

This wouldn't be an issue, only that as you are such a prolific poster (which is great that you spare the time to help out newcomers and the less experienced) it nonetheless generates reams and reams of extra, superfluous text which all readers must scroll through.

I'm not expecting you to stop as I expect hitting the quote button is a reflex after 10,000 posts so you may not be able to help yourself. Just saying, there's no need to quote the OP if there is no ambiguity and you are the first to reply. Sure, a full quote makes sense if you are replying to a longer thread and there is some doubt as to which post in a thread you are addressing; but when you're the first reply, there is absolutely no need to quote the OP. Just press reply, instead.
  • ThefrogiwiThefrogiwi Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Autopause is definitely my wishlist. Any plan to add this feature?