Screws loose and one lost between holder and RAM mount — TomTom Community

Screws loose and one lost between holder and RAM mount

PhizzmanPhizzman Posts: 2
edited January 30 in RIDER
I just got near home and decided to make a call. I stopped and luckily noticed my tom tom was about to fall off the mount. The screws that hold the ram mount to the dock were all loose and one had fallen out and got lost. When I checked the manual, I noticed washers! I can't find any in the pack. What have I done wrong here? Also, does anyone at Tom Tom know the screw spec and how to get a replacement? Pic attached of the bit I am talking about. Thank you.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,174 Superusers
    Call support on Monday to see about a replacement:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • PhizzmanPhizzman Posts: 2
    OK. Will do. Thank you.
  • paulbropaulbro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had exactly the same on my 410. Three of the screws had worked completely loose and had disappeared. It was only when the final screw started to work loose that I noticed the unit moving. I had also used the spring washers and had nipped them up tight when installed - I guess my GS vibrates the unit too much. Next time I'll use some loctite in addition. After persisting with support for a while they eventually said they would investigate the details and came back stating that they are M5 screws and 12.8 mm long. Hope that helps anyone else with a screw loose ;-)