TOMTOM GO 5100 - SETTING MAPS TO UK AND ROI ONLY?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am new to the forums.

I recently purchased the TOMTOM GO 5100 and I was wondering if there is an option that allows me to search in the UK and Ireland only?

Currently, when I search a street, suggestions from other countries in Europe appear. Is there a way I can remove this?

Thanks!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,621 Superusers
    Hi

Tap the Whole Map Icon (Search screen top right) and choose a more local search

Try putting GBR or IRL at the end of the address

Phone Tomtom Support and ask nicely if they will swap your Europe Map for a UK and ROI Map (And keep your Lifetime Map update status)

Tomtom Support United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
  • KBOSSKBOSS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your help. I'll try giving them a call tomorrow
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    I asked customer support for this and they emailed that it is NOT possible on the Go6100. See my thread under map installation.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,621 Superusers
    Hi

There's also many a post on here that say Customer Support has swapped or reallocated maps
    Maybe it's asking by email???... I find phoning and asking nicely is always best :)

ATB YFM
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    My email was polite and their reply was "not possible". I also have seen many posts where UK only has been installed which is why I'm curious about their reply to me. Does this make their customer service as variable as their software ?