Go Mobile for Android with old .ov2 file not working - Page 3 — TomTom Community

Go Mobile for Android with old .ov2 file not working

13»

Comments

• KyotrixKyotrix Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thank, tomorrow i will look it
  • KyotrixKyotrix Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Ok, now we can sync favorites with mydrive, fine, but PDI can not yet edit :(:(

I save a lot of points of interest, such as customers and restaurants where I eat, I have some 500 customers and 500 restaurants, I can not save them as favorites, I would have map full of stars. Every time I have to add a new client or change its name, I have to: copy to the PC ov2 file, edit it with pdi editor, add the customer, save, copy it on your phone, A BIG annoyance!
    The solutions are 2:
    - Add the ability to edit POI
    - Add the ability to create subsets in favorites and organize them by category, and you can decide which see more of the map (for not having the full map)
    I hope this problem will be solved soon (to be able to save your favorite, we waited one year ..)
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 120 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    You can create an .ov2 database with POI Pocket. They must be sorted (I did by Lat) TomPOIEdr) before transferred to the phone. You can also edit with that. I posted links previously. Best solution I've found since MS discontinued Streets and Trips.
  • Klaasv00kKlaasv00k Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You can also u your persenal picture is you add a folder named ov2_icons/ldpi and save it as xxx.png whith a size of 24x24 pixels
  • AlexanderKAlexanderK Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi !
    I have just installed GO 1.13.2 and successfully added my ov2 file to
    sdcard1\Android\data\com.tomtom.gplay.navapp\files\files\personal\pois\
    Works fine
    Keep in mind that there are two place where GO creates catalog structure :
    sdcard0\Android\data\com.tomtom.gplay.navapp\files
    sdcard1\Android\data\com.tomtom.gplay.navapp\files\files\personal\pois\ (external SD flash card)
    you should place ov2 into second one
    sorry for necroposting :-)
  • box2k2box2k2 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Klaasv00k wrote:
    You can also u your persenal picture is you add a folder named ov2_icons/ldpi and save it as xxx.png whith a size of 24x24 pixels

Could you expand on the instructions for this please?
  • Klaasv00kKlaasv00k Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Use this link and follow the instructions of the tomtom 5250 pro https://uk.support.business.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4704
  • box2k2box2k2 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Klaasv00k wrote:
    Use this link and follow the instructions of the tomtom 5250 pro https://uk.support.business.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4704

Thank you.

So I understand that the final solution should be a png image 24x24 with the same name as the ov2 in:
    /com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois/ov2_icons/ldpi/

Are you able to confirm that this works?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    For me a size of 24x24 pixels is too small, mine are 44 x 44 large.

4cab4c9e-7af3-4beb-a1ab-23345962f6e3.jpg
    3ef36c14-1504-4812-ab25-9a87da5d7c76.jpg
  • EddepetEddepet Posts: 50 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Seems there are quite a few solutions.
    Instead of the LDPI-folder, I use a HDPI folder (/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois/ov2_icons/hdpi/)
    And then i use 64x64 pixel icons, just slightly sharper on the screen.
    db8a8ce5-e0ac-44d0-8a80-4a4b74b25d6c.png

example of an icon attached.
  • nalribeironalribeiro Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Klaasv00k wrote:

tambem funciona com TT GO Mobile v1.15 ?