Rider 400 brightness

tugmantugman Posts: 335 [Revered Navigator]
edited January 17 in RIDER
Just used my 400 in anger in the dark for the first time but found that the screen light was a bit on the bright side. I checked the settings and it was set on 25%, now reduced to 20% while the daytime was at 100% now reduced to 75%.

On my rider2(2009) I had a very nice relaxing night time mapping background that was a two tone green or it may have been blue and green, is it possible to obtain a copy of this to load onto my current 400 unit?

Comments

• JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 283 [Exalted Navigator]
    nope, sorry, not able to load different colors,
    i use 0% at night, and 100% day time settings. Not sure why you wouldn't want the daytime the brightest....... ahhhhh i see your in the UK, guess grey is the normal daytime ?? heh J/K have friends there.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tugman,

The Rider 2 had a resistive screen which is less reflective and bright than the capacitive screen of your Rider 400. Did you try turning the brightness more down? There are also different map colour schemes available in the Maps menu.

The Rider 400 is based on a new NavKit software which was designed from the scratch and first released in the GO devices of 2013. Therefore things cannot just be "ported" from the old devices but need to be designed to work in the new software. The different UI also sets some requirements in this regard.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tugmantugman Posts: 335 [Revered Navigator]
    Thanks for the info and yes it is a bit grey over here at this time of the year but the sun can be very low and bright at times as well which can make for difficult riding/driving
    Thanks for the technical explanation. I will try turning it down to zero as suggested above but to me from a logical aspect zero means off but clearly in this case it is not.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tugman,

I forgot to mention that on Rider 400 you also have a couple of map colour schemes to choose from which might help you. I amended my comment above.

Cheers, Mikko
    I had already changed from high definition to standard and fine the latter better as the map contrasts is clearer.
    Any development on my complaint 're the destimation/waypoint announcement saga
  • whyhaveonewhyhaveone Posts: 52 [Legendary Explorer]
    tugman wrote:
    I had already changed from high definition to standard and fine the latter better as the map contrasts is clearer.

+1 re the map settings, both are pretty awefull and the so-called high def one is a complete waste of time!