Two tomtom GO devices under one account- Sending My places — TomTom Community

Two tomtom GO devices under one account- Sending My places

WilkovFWilkovF Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I have two TOMTOM GO's and are both connected to the My drive cloud with one account

If I navigate to place this also get pushed to the other device. :?

Is there a way to disable this?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,472
    Superusers
    Hi
    Try..... Logging out of MyDrive on one or both devices
    I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Note: logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic info

ATB YFM
  • WilkovFWilkovF Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think that would be the only solution.

Can not find the logic in syncing this information.
    Superusers
    WilkovF wrote:
    I think that would be the only solution.

Can not find the logic in syncing this information.
    Hi

I have 107 POI Catagories installed on each of my 5 Devices...
    I installed them ONCE using the MyDrive route Planner.....
    See... https://mydrive.tomtom.com ...
    The 107 POI's were then able to sync across my 5 Devices

ATB YFM
  • WilkovFWilkovF Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I love the sync of my favorites on all my devices. I want to get in one of my cars and have all my saved favorites on my device.

I just don't get why I plan a trip on TT A this gets pushed to TT B.
    My girlfriend and I where going to different destinations and keep getting the destination of the other TT.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi WilkovF,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your feedback!

I've forwarded this to the product team. Hopefully we can have an improvement to this in a future release.

Cheers, Mikko
  • bigbig Posts: 1,643
    Superuser
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Note: logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic info
    It does stop you from receiving any paid-for services however, such as live traffic cameras.
    big wrote:
    YamFazMan wrote:
    It does stop you from receiving any paid-for services however, such as live traffic cameras.
    The logins for MyDrive and TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras are separate and don't affect each other. You can log off of one of them and continue to use the other.

Most people would use one account for both but you can also create a different account in MyDrive for syncing destinations and routes if you wish.

Cheers, Mikko

Update: See more in my comment below.
    Superusers
    MikkoK wrote:
    The logins for MyDrive and TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras are separate and don't affect each other. You can log off of one of them and continue to use the other.
    Hi Mikko

Thank you for the MyDrive v TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras Login/Logout confirmation :)

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    @Mikko I'm not so sure about the sign-is being unrelated. If I sign out of MyDrive on my phone, I no longer receive Speed Cameras on the TomTom satnav. In fact, I just get the "X" for traffic as well. And this is while remaining signed in on the TomTom. Likewise, if I sign out on the TomTom satnav I don't receive Speed Cameras -- how could I?, since the TomTom wouldn't know I'm entitled to a subscription because it wouldn't know who I was.
    Superusers
    big wrote:
    If I sign out of MyDrive on my phone, I no longer receive Speed Cameras on the TomTom satnav. In fact, I just get the "X" for traffic as well. And this is while remaining signed in on the TomTom
    Hi
    You haven't said which Tomtom device you own I assume it's a BYOC device as you refer to losing Traffic if you disconnect your phone
    As far as I'm aware the Tomtom System for Traffic, Speed cams etc. used in the USA is totally different to the system Tomtom use in Europe

In Europe, for the BYOC models, there is an App but it's optional, it's used for extra features (Apple and Android only) so no App for a Windows 10 Phone
    I use a Windows 10 Phone over Bluetooth for Tomtom Traffic, Speed cams etc. + Hands-Free Phone use

"Yes" if I disconnect my Phone I lose Tomtom Traffic, Speed cams etc.
    But as long as my phone is paired/connected to my GO 520/620 I receive Tomtom Traffic, Speed cams etc
    Logging out of MyDrive in my GO 520/620 make no difference to receiving Tomtom Traffic, Speed cams etc

When I log out of MyDrive on my GO 520/620 the device/s only stops syncing with the MYDrive Route planner

The Tomtom Sevices on my GO 5000 are OTA via a SIM Card
    When I log out of MyDrive on my GO 5000 the device only stops the syncing data with the MYDrive Route planner

ATB YFM
    Hi big,

Thanks for coming back about this!

There's indeed a difference in this between the GO Wi-Fi® and the previous (2013) generation devices. With both device ranges you don't need to login for TomTom Traffic as the Lifetime service is assigned to the device, not to your TomTom account. On the GO Wi-Fi® devices you have a separate login for MyDrive [user manual] and this doesn't affect TomTom Traffic. Further more you can toggle all the connections on and off independently of each other in the Bluetooth® menu [user manual].

On the previous generation devices there's only one login for TomTom Services, including MyDrive, and you can only be logged into the whole bundle or not at all.

I hope this clarifies the matter and my apologies for the confusion!

Cheers, Mikko
    Superuser
    @Mikko Thanks for the explanation, good to know! But do note the original poster does not have a GO WiFi® device -- so wouldn't that mean logging out isn't an option for the original poster?

Also, that seems to confirm my point that login is required for extra-cost services such as safety cameras.
    Superusers
    big wrote:
    @Mikko Thanks for the explanation, good to know! But do note the original poster does not have a GO WiFi® device -- so wouldn't that mean logging out isn't an option for the original poster?
    Also, that seems to confirm my point that login is required for extra-cost services such as safety cameras.
    Hi
    See bellow ... My first generation NAV4 GO 5000 TomTom Services via built-in SIM Card (No Wifi)
    Logged out of MyDrive on the device... Still receiving Live Traffic and Speed Cam updates

5dd2ced4-11c5-4152-927f-73dba6dc056f.jpg
    b07294c3-770f-4f1c-bd9a-3b8239903c4f.jpg
    ce401b43-29ba-448e-9863-90124257dbbe.jpg
    fd6fe014-ab7f-437e-832d-0c60b2bfc117.jpg
    d802bd24-614e-4696-8188-0621ca143afd.jpgATB YFM
    Superuser
    Thanks, YFM. Mine certainly won't do that.

@Mikko, YFMs post seems to contradict the info you mentioned. Is there any definitive word on how this works?
    Hi big,

The US devices connect to TomTom Services with the MyDrive app. The logins are in the TomTom Services menu in the app. Have you tried logging out of one of the services there?

Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to try this out myself.

Cheers, Mikko
    Superuser
    MikkoK wrote:
    The logins are in the TomTom Services menu in the app. Have you tried logging out of one of the services there?
    Yes, as mentioned before the services are then inactive on the satnav, Thanks for confirming it's different with US devices. Really really strange there is a difference but good to know when troubleshooting/answering questions.
    Hi big,

Yeah, I must admit I tend to forget these differences sometimes ;) The different connection flow was made for the US devices to make it easier. This is now actually also available for others since the launch of the GO Wi-Fi® devices.

People mainly (and ideally) use one account for everything and use all the services. But indeed for troubleshooting purposes this is good to know.

Thanks for all your good advise here! Keep it up :D

Cheers, Mikko