TomTom GO Mobile maps for UAE — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Mobile maps for UAE

deanmurphydeanmurphy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
The Features section of the app description states "World Maps" however I cannot find maps for the Middle East, specifically Dubai in the UAE. Is this region grouped under something else?

Please can you let me know how I can access this region as I will be visiting there in a weeks time.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Dean,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your feedback!

We indeed don't currently offer Middle East of UAE map for the GO Mobile app. I'll log this as a request for the product team. Perhaps they can consider bringing it to the GO Mobile as well if there's enough demand for it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • deanmurphydeanmurphy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Thanks for your quick response to my query. Another suggestion is that there is a description of included (or excluded) maps as I purchased a 3 year subscription thinking I had "world wide" maps and not just the more popular regions.

Cheers,

Dean
    Hi Dean,

For the GO Mobile app you can download all the available maps in the Maps menu, regardless of your subscription. The Unlimited Navigation subscription gives you unlimited access to TomTom Services.

Cheers, Mikko
  • is69is69 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I will go to Dubai (UAE) soon and wish to have the TomTom map. Do you have any news on this subject? I do not see a map of the Middle East in TomTom GO mobile application.

Cheers,
    Igor
  • JohnAlejandroJohnAlejandro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello. I am also a tom tom go user with a full subscription. I am quite disappointed that I'm not able to have a Dubai. United Arab Emirates Map. I really was expecting all maps to be available.
    As above. When will this be added to the Go app? I am traveling very soon and don't want to pay the car rental company for something I shouldn't have to do by having this app.
  • AstraRexAstraRex Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Going to Dubai and was expecting to have a map on my mobile.
    But could not find it.
    Please add
  • Regular_UserRegular_User Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was in Dubai the last two weeks and i was very annoyed that I couldn't found maps for it! I will go again soon and i expect that maps will be available! How it's possible if you have the maps in your system, but you don't offer to your customers?! I'm a regular TomTom User since 2008, but I never had a similar situation, so change it please.
  • kam0106kam0106 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    this is ridiculous, You state there is world maps in description on the Apple Store. "World Maps: Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost"

But yet UAE is not available. This is very poor service!
  • NicolidusNicolidus Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I live in the Middle East and bought the standalone TomTom app a while ago, with the promise of free map updates for life. Bad enough that support will stop soon (including map updates for life and I'm not dead yet), but maps for the Middle East are not available in the Go app. What am I supposed to use to get up to date maps? You're forcing me to move to a competitor when I've used TomTom for as long as I can remember.
    Hi Nicolidus,

Welcome to the Community!

It's still half a year before the old app stops being supported and even then it won't stop working :D

UAE map has been quite a frequent request for the GO Mobile and we've logged it to be reported to the product team. Hopefully they'll get this map out for GO Mobile soon :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • swampsnake20swampsnake20 Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Nicolidus,

Welcome to the Community!

It's still half a year before the old app stops being supported and even then it won't stop working :D

UAE map has been quite a frequent request for the GO Mobile and we've logged it to be reported to the product team. Hopefully they'll get this map out for GO Mobile soon :D

Cheers, Mikko

Please don't put smiley emoji's on posts saying we "still have 6 months left", it makes you appear happy we are losing the best sat nav program ever written for Apple devices. We have seen this on other posts as well and a lot of people are understandably very upset by this development. Smiling about it does not help.
  • KuzmichevskyiKuzmichevskyi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I need map of Middle East in my TomTom Go App
  • diydiy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • seanmcvaleseanmcvale Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought the standalone TomTom Middle East app when I moved here in 2015, with the promise of free map updates for life. Now support has ended and I had to move to Go Mobile subscription (free for the first 3 years), its now February 2018 and the Middle East is still not available in the Go app. What am I supposed to use to get up to date maps? I see the Middle East map is available for your devices!!! Why not for the Go Mobile app?
  • iddedeiddede Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Was feeling good to use captioned mobile app for Germany and would like to extend the subscription. But unluckily there wont had the middle east map found. seems i had to go for another product in long terms usage. And i check the forum and had been requested for long time without update.

poor service of support will let your customer left your products.