Adventurer lap "display cover" completely unreliable — TomTom Community

Adventurer lap "display cover" completely unreliable

raf.macraf.mac Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi there, not sure how many Adventurer users there are who were hoping to use the manual lap "functionality". I run between 50-100km a week and normally do 2-3 sessions a week with either intervals or tempo elements, generally really depending on the lap functionality to be able to keep track of where I am, progress made etc.

And unfortunately the light/lap functionality is completely unreliable. It seems to work only for a couple of laps and then "goes". E.g. today - went out to do 6 x 800m Yasso and after the first 2 repeats I couldn't set another lap. I kept trying, my hand wasn't even wet, but I tried wiping it in my tshirt etc. Nothing. Very frustrating.

I don't know if TomTom looks at this forum here and/or where I could suggest a firmware feature, but it would make my life (and many others I'm sure) if they could allow the "button/joystick" to be used to set laps. E.g. while in manual lap mode, long "right button press" could do a lap. This would also resolve the issue with it in winter when you wear gloves...

Raf

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,882 Moderator
    Hi Raf,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about your experience with the manual lap mode on Adventurer watch! I've logged your feedback as an improvement request for the product team.

You can use the automatic laps to measure your activity against set time or distances for now.

Thanks,
    lampard
  • raf.macraf.mac Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Lampard, how do these requests get dealt with? Any chance of knowing a priority/progress e.g. via a public log?
  • barerunbarerun Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    have the same wrong experience - doesnt work with gloves and this function is also in the conflict with light - so if you want to see a display in dark you will write a lap too - funny.... after month using adventurer i have experience with lot of similiar unpractical features ....
  • countzerocountzero Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Turning on the backlight has been the single biggest issue I've had with the Adventurer. If it's raining, or your hands are too sweaty, then it may actually be impossible to turn on the light or mark a lap. I've written before how TomTom could make the Night Mode useful by making a hardware button press turn on the light. I haven't used the manual lap mode yet, but I completely agree that the face tapping or palming or whatever is not reliable. And the Adventurer is advertised for swimming and snowsports, so I think it's completely fair to expect a dependable way to use the device's features in moist environments, or with gloves. on.
  • raf.macraf.mac Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard - is there any chance you could share an update on this, please?