Rider 410 does not sync routes to device

TImG65TImG65 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 31 in RIDER
OK. I finally got mydrive route planner to send a destination to my device. The problem is I cannot get device to import a gpx file from mydrive. I loaded the gpx file from MyRoute.app but it doesn't sync. It just sits there (it's a small test route) MyDrive route planner doesnt have any 'send to device' that I can find when it's got a route in it. Also shows none of the waypoints/stops on the PC screen ??

I'd be quite happy to do this just using file manager but the T/T device doesn't show on Mac Finder. Can I use .itn files or do I HAVE to use gpx ? I sense some issues in translating back/forward this format.

Comments

• tugmantugman Posts: 335 [Revered Navigator]
    I am not sure about mac but I use the itn format and the drag a drop method. If you are plugged in the 400 you confirmed it by pressing import on the 400
    That should bring up the top icon to allow access to the 400 files
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,765 Superusers
    Hi
    @TImG65

Try.....
    The Rider 400 will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 400 Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 400 Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    You don't have to have to use the Micro SD Card as a transfer medium

NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to... Rider 40/400
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

(1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 400
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 400 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 400" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 400 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    919d5cae-3ecf-4793-9054-01d72008d510.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 400 Main memory
    5651c674-0f6d-428b-bc80-4f9a34848618.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    a4f9173c-6dd0-4119-b0dd-4956b581243f.png
    (6)... When your done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpgATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

@TImG65

To transfer a route to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format you memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy you .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpgInsert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpgRoutes Transferred.....

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Why is it not visible ?
    75b297b1-85c4-4485-bd03-489ce22aca8a.png

Suggestions would be good :-)
    Ta

T
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    Windows supports MTP protocol out of the box, OS X not. You need https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ to transfer files via USB cable.

You may also try BlueTooth: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-gb/index.htm#ImportingroutesandtracksusingBluetooth-Wings.htm

Select "Send file to device..." from the Bluetooth menu in the Finder menu bar.
  • BoarderBoarder Posts: 107 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi, there's an android to Mac application that you can access. I haven't got my laptop with me but I'm sure there was a link to it on this forum. Allows you to drag and drop a file to the small section on the tomtom. It works with itn files and I can't see why it wouldn't with gpx.
    It's the above link...
  • BoarderBoarder Posts: 107 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It's a fair cop. I should have read your post properly before posting.
  • TImG65TImG65 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes tried the android link on macbook. Are you sure T/T is an android device ? My Macbook still sees nothing when T/T is connected.
    MyDrive Connect works tho'
    If you expect to see anything on the Finder like Windows you'll be disappointed...

You've to open the app and do everything from there.
    Try BlueTooth, it's easier!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    TImG65 wrote:
    Yes tried the android link on macbook. Are you sure T/T is an android device ? My Macbook still sees nothing when T/T is connected.
    MyDrive Connect works tho'
    Welcome to the Community, Tim!

When you connect your Rider 400 to your computer you see a "Connect to Computer" screen. To activate the route importing feature you need to tap the Import routes button. For more information, please see here and here.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi MikkoK,
    Thanks for picking this up, I'm struggling.
    First. I can load and get "my Drive Connect"up and running. It seems to be able to transfer routes (well, seems to be uneditable tracks actually) which I loaded from 'MYRoute-app' as .gpx files into to my MacBook, then loaded them into "My Drive" and yes they now synch with the Rider 410. However I just get this screen on which there's no 'manage my files' functionality, am I missing something ?

I cannot see the 410 at all on my MacBook 'finder' as a USB device or a drive although it obviously is there. So I can't move routes easily in and out of my device.
    I have a few questions:
    How can I transfer my old Rider V.2 .itn files from my MacBook into the 410 ?
    If I make a route in MyDrive it transfers as a track. Can I modify this when out on the road ?
    If I make a recording of a route, how do I transfer it backwards into MacBook ?
    Thanks. I'll probably think of more questions after I hit 'post' :-)
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Tim,

I'm afraid I don't have much more advise for you than is already posted here.

To sync a route from MyDrive you need to use the Send route to device feature before saving it. You can only save routes as GPX tracks in MyDrive. As mentioned here already, GPX tracks don't include stops and cannot be edited.

The Record a track feature records a GPX track which you can share with the methods described above.

Cheers, Mikko
    As said before you can't see any files or any device in the Finder. There is no file system available like the older Riders.

You can only receive or send itn or GPX files to the Rider using Android File Transfer app, BlueTooth or MyDrive sync. (GPX only).

The same applies to Windows too, but let's say the Android File Transfer app is integrated into Windows Explorer for a more easy user experience...

That's all.
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    1) Synch doesn't seem to work both ways...if I make a route on my 410 it doesn't appear in my drive. Is that correct ?
    2) I interpret then that tracks saved by recording them are effectively not transferrable off the device to my MacBook ?
    3) I ordered a micro sd. Will tracks get saved there ? can I put the SD card in my MacBook & digest them that way ?

Thanks T
  • tugmantugman Posts: 335 [Revered Navigator]
    Although I prefer th d&d computer method I have used the card method as well by using my computer to transfer between the 400 and the card and then onto computer. But if you you can not find the 400 symbol on your mac I am not sure what else you can do.
  • RMRHRMRH Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Only "My Places" supports two way synching...[/quote]

:( :( :(

I've got loads of recorded tracks on my 400 from Europe and Australia and have been trying to sync them to MyDrive without success,
    (obviously as it's impossible..!)

Not happy - Am going back to "MyRoute-app"...