TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Wishlist after the 16.600 update

As there was none started yet, decided to go ahead with the good old habit and start the latest wishlist (even though there was not much change in terms of features). The previous ones are here:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/wishlist-after-the-16201-update-1012331

Comments

• BeukerBeuker Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    A redesign of the search facility. Give searching for addresses and POI's each their own full screen so that names aren't cut off. An option to replace the scrolling menu with an icon based menu. Move the directions bubble from the top to the bottom of the screen.
  • pa38pa38 Posts: 345 [Legendary Explorer]
    Beuker wrote:
    A redesign of the search facility. Give searching for addresses and POI's each their own full screen so that names aren't cut off

+1
  • JonathanAJonathanA Posts: 16 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have noticed that the orange and red "delays" en-route are good, BUT if there is a major incident that results in vehicles "parked" for hours then it seems to think that the road is clear and tries to bring you back to it at every junction. There does not seem to be a quick way to "avoid" a long section of "A" road that includes several junctions.
  • deejay2deejay2 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    still missing ability to upload large collection of community voices.....only english you can buy or download mostly from tomtom website
  • pa38pa38 Posts: 345 [Legendary Explorer]
    I would like TT's communication to be clear, that they tell us what they plan to improve in the software, or that they tell us frankly to go to the competition if it is too complicated for them to deliver A quality product
  • Adam_Go_6000Adam_Go_6000 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    -show heights above sea level on Go series. Useful when driving through the mountains in winter.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks Zsolt for kicking this off again! :D

As mentioned, we do indeed log all feedback from the forum and report to relevant product teams. Topics like this makes it a lot easier for us as the wishes concentrate on a single topic :D

As you know, we (the forum Staff) can't often comment on any specific requests as the decisions are made elsewhere. We also don't comment on future releases as things can change up until the last moment and we want to avoid raising expectations we might not be able to fulfil.

This being said, keep you feedback coming and we'll do our best to make sure it's heard! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • GrahamacGrahamac Posts: 61 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Get rid of the over agresive route planning, which sends you down unclassified roads to just cut 500metres of 1 minute off your journey time.
    This has been ongoing for years and still no resolution.
    Very frustrated, never to buy another tomtom user.
  • bokabilbokabil Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Grahamac wrote:
    Get rid of the over agresive route planning, which sends you down unclassified roads to just cut 500metres of 1 minute off your journey time.
    This has been ongoing for years and still no resolution.
    Very frustrated, never to buy another tomtom user.

Agree. Maybe user select-able to cater to different tastes. Like for me, don't even bother offering an alternative when it doesn't save me 5 minutes (or more).
  • smashysmashy Posts: 234 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The aggressive routing is past ridiculous now completely ruins what I think is now a very good piece of kit,been doing really well lately with re routing from bad traffic
  • meedermeeder Posts: 159 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The routing issue is by far the biggest problem and so far not a single hint towards a solution has been given by TomTom.
    Support won't give an answer, we don't get answers here.
    It is quite disturbing that not a single TomTom employee seems to be able to give some kind of answer in regards to this potentially dangerous behavior. I wonder what will happen if someone has an accident or damages their vehicle by this behavior...

Besides the routing issue it would also be nice to get a solution to the dissapearing lane guidance. It is a bit silly to have to do a drum-roll-reset every other day just to get this feature to work.

I am not even going to start about the POI issues, the above mentioned issues are by far the most important to me.
  • baltutisTTbaltutisTT Posts: 120 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    1.Battery indicator must be visible during driving.
    2.Separate Address and POI search (like on Android version) because not enough space for long names.
    3. Avoid part route or avoid street on route - click direct on street and select AVOID. At this moment need scroll menu and etc until find street which want avoid.
    4. Sort routing problems when normal roads replaced with lower class road (think there map problem, not navcore).
    5. Need ability edit maps (like on old 9.xxx navcore or Mapshare website) and use own corrections immediately (and transfer own corrections to new map).
    6. Backup and reinstall old maps if new maps come with bugs.
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 285 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    How about the possibility to view 3rd party points of interest on the map whilst driving?Surprised this hasn't been requested before?
  • SnapshangleSnapshangle Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Apologies if these are issues that have previously been discussed, but I'd value:

- An option to warn of speed limit changes (in advance where the limit is falling). Always helpful to know when altered limits are coming up to be ready to slow (or to avoid getting ready to overtake).
    - Multiple vehicle type navigation to be available on more devices, allowing speed limits to be configurable for vehicles other than cars. Whilst I appreciate there are particular devices intended for trucks, it would be useful to have speed limits which reflect legal limits for (under UK legislation) light goods vehicles, vehicles towing trailers / caravans etc. on my devices. I suspect there are many drivers of small vans etc. who are using 'normal' TomTom devices.
    - Configurable speed limit warnings to allow a small margin, so warning when significantly exceeding the speed limit without being 'dinged' every time the limit is exceeded by 1 mph/kph.
  • argelesargeles Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Should be easy addition ...
    When clicking on star icon / favorite on map and the 3 vertical dots, the following options are currently displayed:
    - Rename
    - Use as Starting Point

Why not add option 'Delete' (with pop-up asking are you sure you want to delete?).
    This saves having to dig through the menu options and my places (long-) list.
  • argelesargeles Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Add option in settings to always / immediately show alternative routes as additional alternative to: Menu -> Current Route -> Find Alternative.
  • FandangoFandango Posts: 215 [Supreme Navigator]
    People ask for custom POI to show but I wish I could turn off "My Places" while driving. They clutter the map and btw, I don't want my gf to see where my lovers live (yes, I've got that many!)...

P.S. I know there's a workaround but I just wish they implemented an on/off function... :(
    Recently I had to reset my GO6000 to factory settings. The reconfiguring to my previous settings took me a couple of minutes but it would be nice if all setting (e.g. colour, time display, route bar, etc) were saved in Mydrive so that once the device is reset, it would reconfigure itself automatically.
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    Couple of minutes, Fandango ! ?
    It takes me a lot longer to trawl through all the settings and choices and also to get tracks from mydrive back into the device. And doing this not once but MANY times is a pain. If mydrive can backup the POIs it should be easy for it to back up a lot more including My Routes.
    arichard wrote:
    Couple of minutes, Fandango ! ?

I'm a simple man with simple needs ;)
  • GarfieldusGarfieldus Posts: 35 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The creation of "My Shortcuts" to allow users do what they do on regularly quickly and efficiently.

The first shortcut I would add is the ability to flick the "Avoid toll roads" setting on or off. It's a pita to do it at the moment.
  • T1000T1000 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    "Always use night colors in tunnels" - and maybe an option to enable/disable
  • T1000T1000 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Use the "Marked Locations" directly as a destination/intermediate point, without having to add them to "My Places" first