Purchased map to new device?

HeigoHeigo Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
edited June 2018 in Map purchasing
Hello!

I bought recently (a month ago or so) Map of USA & Canada Camper to my old device.
Now i decided to buy a new device.
And already sold my old device accidentaly with SD Card and with Map of USA & Canada Camper.

How can I get my purchased Map of USA & Canada Camper to my new device?
Is it possible?
Or do I have to buy again Map of USA & Canada Camper to my new device?

Thanks for your help and quick response!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,525 Superuser
    @Heigo

Sorry to say but you will need to repurchase the map; as a map is licenced to a particular device and is linked using the device's serial number. So even if you had kept the SD card, that map would not have worked in your new device.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • HeigoHeigo Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your response!

But all this seems to me a bit no sense... what if my device just bricked in some how or even stoled?
    So it means I have to buy new map anyway? There is no change to buy new device and transfer old maps to new device?
    I can understand when purchased maps is linked with my TomTom account.
    Then i have capability to install map from my TomTom account to new device.

Anyway, maybe my opinion is wrong. But seems to me more realible and user friendly anyway.

But now I'm in situation that I have to buy map twice... silly, very silly!
    And at the moment, on next month I'll travel to US and i need USA & Canada Camper map... thats why i purchased this map at all.

Sorry about my english i know its not perfect
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,525 Superuser
    @Heigo

Maybe Customer Services might be able to offer you a discount, contact them on Monday.

CS Eesti (Estonia)
    Monday-Friday: 11:00-19:00
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • HeigoHeigo Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you!

I will contact them on Monday
    Anyway, I'm sure, dont want to pay twice for map.
    Hope they have some better solution.

Thanks for your help!