Will there be a new Manual for the new firmware any time soon?

arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
edited January 27 in Archived Discussions
My current manual is for 16.1 Will there be a new one?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Richard,

As the 16.6 release was delayed we can expect the 17.1 to be out quite soon. The 16.6 also didn't have many changes that would require an update to the user manual so I'd expect the documentation team to wait for the 17.1 to be released before publishing an updated user manual.

Is there some specific question you're looking for an answer to?

Cheers, Mikko
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,474 Superuser
    @Mikko

Please make sure that the documentation team are ahead of the curve (not like last time :@ ). So that the 17.1 manual is ready for publishing at the same time as, but preferably just before, the release of the software.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • arichardarichard Posts: 319 [Supreme Navigator]
    Thanks Mikkok

I keep a spreadsheet with all the settings on my device and like to keep it up to date with a record of all my choices. I was wondering if there was a new setting under "sounds & warnings"?
    Hi Richard,

Yes, there is. As mentioned in the announcement, you can enable this feature at Settings > Sounds & Warnings > Read aloud traffic warnings.

Cheers, Mikko
  • terry_wagstaffterry_wagstaff Posts: 31 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Mikkok

This question relates to the release of version 17.1 which you mention above.

Given my post in the topic "My Places and POIs disappear and can't sync after update on v16.600" and the response that customer support has given me - do not update the device until the issue of the new software - do you know when this will be?

Customer support thought it would be before the new map updates.

Now in a quandary -

(a) do I not update because of the problems and continue with the old map
    (b) do I update and lose the MyPlace POI information.

Any suggestions?

Terry
    Hi Terry,

I have no further knowledge of the v17.1 release at this point. I'll announce it here as soon as it's out :D

Most cases we've seen with losing My Places and POIs after update have been caused by the device logging you out of MyDrive after the update. By logging back in the content can be synced again.

But let's continue this in the proper topic.

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online81

adamvfr
adamvfr
Bembo
Bembo
biker_62
biker_62
Choerby
Choerby
DougLap