Carpark icons in MyDrive — TomTom Community

Carpark icons in MyDrive

GlockersGlockers Posts: 43 [Prominent Wayfarer]
I am using MyDrive.com and trying to set up routes in Italy. How can I get POI like carpark icons to show on the map?

I know I can search for carparks in POI but it would be a lot more useful if I could see and choose them from the map rather than select them one by one from an address.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,726
    Superusers
    Hi
    You can load POI categories to the latest NAV4 Devices but can't show the associated .bmp file of the on the driving map, but you can show categorised POI's on the Map during a search

Tomtom Video How to load POIs etc.....

For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

c5ffdc10-40f2-4a3f-8e7c-d08052319095.jpg(1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a scrollable list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order

300706b9-db74-434b-aa0d-bdf54a5c3dd9.jpg
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range it's easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location

c21bff00-af3e-42ae-8817-dbde61072dc4.jpgThere is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

The POI Icons are generic and dynamic the Icons change with the zoom level
    If you're searching for a 3RD party POI Category, for example, a "Burger King" restaurant, the displayed generic Icons will all be for "Burger King" so using the present system you don't need the "Burger King" Logo

You can, of course, tap one of the generic Icons to open a quick menu
    With the name of the POI... The option to Drive there
    Plus a 3Dot Quick Menu Icon with further options

584f4d7a-ee9d-4123-81ec-20ba5a22107e.jpgATB YFM
  • GlockersGlockers Posts: 43 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Yep, I fail to understand why public carparks is not already part of the Tomtom database as this seems to be base level functionality. Garmin has it, Google has it, Apple Maps has it...
    Superusers
    Glockers wrote:
    Yep, I fail to understand why public carparks are not already part of the Tomtom database as this seems to be base level functionality. Garmin has it, Google has it, Apple Maps has it...
    Hi

Parking locations are available on the PND Device... Tap the (.... Menu) Icon > scroll left > Tap the parking Icon
    Then like the National Trust POI Screenshot in my post above
    (1)... Tap the Three Lines Icon for the list of Carparks
    (2)... Tap the Two circle Icon to view the carpark Icons on a Map

You can, of course, tap one of the generic Icons to open a quick menu
    With the name of the POI... The option to Drive there
    Plus a 3Dot Quick Menu Icon with further options

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Glockers wrote:
    I am using MyDrive.com and trying to set up routes in Italy. How can I get POI like car park icons to show on the map?

I know I can search for car parks in POI but it would be a lot more useful if I could see and choose them from the map rather than select them one by one from an address.
    Hi
    (1)... (Using Windows 10 here)...
    Run... https://mydrive.tomtom.com and login to the MyDrive Route planner...
    (2)... In the MyDrive Search Box Type the City/Town required + the THREE letter country Codes...
    For example "Brisbane AUS"
    (3)... Select the Addresses Menu and Click on "Brisbane QLD AUS"
    OR
    Zoom in and focus the Map over the Town/City/Location you wish to display the POI's from the TomTom Built-in POI Database and follow the bullet points from point (4)

For the three letter country Codes: See.....
    http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm for full three letter country Codes list

(4)... When the Map is centred, over the required City/Town... Close the example "Brisbane AUS" search box (Click on the x)
    (5)... In the Search box type "Car Park" and the press the PC Keyboard Enter/Return key
    (6)... The Car Park POI icons should now show on the Map for Brisbane AUS... If required Zoom the Map to see all the Car Park POI icons
    (7)... If the POI Menu doesn't auto select??? Click on the POI Menu to see the Carpark listing
    (8)... Left Click on one of the Car Park Icons to open the Info Menu > Left Click on the 3Dot Icon to open further menu options
    To Close, the open Info menu Left Click anywhere on the Map

Tomtom GOx20x User Manual.....
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/index.htm
    See Pages 48 49 50 51 52 for searchable POI Names/Icons from the built in Tomtom POI Database

Click on image to enlarge
    8476e4ab-aab9-44fe-9255-4fd5374ffb7f.pngATB YFM
    Sort of works as you say however you need to use Parcheggio (rather than carpark) in Italy which of course leaves out ones called Autopark (and means you need to know the right word). And if I do a search around say Lucca I get no results near the old town but Googlemaps shows maybe 6.
    Superusers
    Hi

Mmmmm "Car Park" Car(Space)Park for Lucca's Car Parks works for me.....

9ba0ca7b-bf61-4244-8f5a-00b46621de9f.pngATB YFM
    Not sure what you are doing. I'm doing

1. Search for Lucca, IT, select from address list
    2. Then x out Lucca from Search
    3. Then Search for Car Park in POI

And I get car parks in Dover...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Glockers,

You can send your feedback regarding this straight to our map team with the MapShare Reporter.

Cheers, Mikko
    Superusers
    Glockers wrote:
    Not sure what you are doing. I'm doing

1. Search for Lucca, IT, select from address list
    2. Then x out Lucca from Search
    3. Then Search for Car Park in POI

And I get car parks in Dover...
    Hi
    As in my previous post, where I was using Brisbane AUS as an example, I used the THREE-digit international country code: See here.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/carpark-icons-mydrive-1018631?postid=1147153

When I searched for "Lucca ITA", I used the THREE-digit international country code
    Cleared the search box... Then typed "Car Park" I.e. Car(Space)Park, following the directions in my previous post, works every time for me

P.S. You also appear to be using a comma in your "Lucca, IT" search
    I'm NOT using a comma in my "Lucca ITA" Search

ATB YFM
    Well i tried your way but from a logic point of view it makes zero difference as we are both selecting the same location from the search results in the first step before we search for car parks
    Superusers
    Hi

Did it work ???

ATB YFM
    It made no difference. Sorry I thought that was implicit from my response.
    Superusers
    Strange, today I've tried many towns cities from around the world, it works every time here

ATB YFM
    Well what can I say. "Car Park" doesnt work in Italy as a search parameter when i use mydrive.com