TT MyDrive app- Multiple Devices — TomTom Community

TT MyDrive app- Multiple Devices

dambuilderdambuilder Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
When I send a destination to device using the iPhone app it goes to both my registered devices (5100 & 6100). Can we have this changed so that the target device is selectable?

Cheers, Mick.

Comments

• EurphoricMonkeyEurphoricMonkey Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes. I've just realised this issue. Managing multiple devices under once account is very useful though the function of the MyDrive App is now slightly ruined. For purpose of discussion lets call them devices A and B to describe what I've noticed

"A" device is master and "B" device is now attached to "A" account. Email / password is associated with "A".
    "B" account is actually still active and you can logon with this though there are no devices associated with it. Additionally, now you can't change any of the settings i.e. email address and password (hold this thought).

You can log onto MyDrive website https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/ with device "A" username / password.
    You can still log onto MyDrive website https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/ with device "B" username / password.
    Both synced as before.

On the hardware:
    You can set the username / password on device "A" as "A".
    You could still set username / password on device "B" as "B".

But... here's the rub. If you want to use MyDrive app separately on both devices so you can sync places etc, you can but with the following limitations:
    1) Device "A" isn't a problem. You can change username / password for device "A" (in MyDrive Connect) That OK. Works as one would expect.
    2) You can't change username / password for device "B" anymore. Therefore, if you wanted to change either you have to actually create a new MyDrive App account.

So to summarise.

TomTom this is not joined up thinking!!! :

Because of the limitation of point 2. You still need to manage two username (email) / password combinations for each device if you want to use the devices and the app to full potential. Duh !!!

Cheers, Rich
  • dambuilderdambuilder Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Just to clarify what I want in my situation. I want Device A and B to have the same (synced) set of "My Places" (hence why I'm using one account) but when I pick a place or a point on map etc and select "send destination to device" I want to pick A (6100) or B (5100) depending on which car I am using at the time so it doesn't go to both. Remember that my partner could at the same time be using the other car/device so doesn't suddenly want her destination to change..!!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    Hi All,

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, this is by design and the destinations send from MyDrive will be sync across all the devices linked to the TomTom account.

I'll log your feedbacks as an improvement request and forward it to the product team.

Regards,
    lampard
  • dambuilderdambuilder Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for logging as an improvement request.

It might be by design but doesn't really make sense in my (or any other that I could think of) situation.

Regards,
  • Richard747Richard747 Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I am having the same problem. I have 2 devices now linked to one MyDrive account as it is now possible to use one common e-mail address.

If I select a destination on one device, say the 6200, then the destination changes on the other one, a 6000. This is unhelpful unless you are running both devices in the same car side-by-side.

We have two Tomtoms for my wife and I to use independently but wish to synch My Places on both. Without this facility it is pointless having MyDrive.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,338
    Superusers
    See what support advises:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,979
    Superusers
    Richard747 wrote:
    I am having the same problem. I have 2 devices now linked to one MyDrive account as it is now possible to use one common e-mail address.

If I select a destination on one device, say the 6200, then the destination changes on the other one, a 6000. This is unhelpful unless you are running both devices in the same car side-by-side.

We have two Tomtoms for my wife and I to use independently but wish to sync My Places on both. Without this facility, it is pointless having MyDriveConnect.
    Hi
    Try..... Logging out of MyDrive on one or both devices
    When you need to sync the route file log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with five devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

ATB YFM
    I spoke to support today (31 Jan 2017). Second line support are aware of the problem and raised a ticket. They could not put a date on the fix but estimated 5-7 days.
    Thanks for the tip on logging out of MyDrive, it is a short term workaround. I will let you all know if I get a resolution.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi Richard

I had a quick look at the incident you have started with the customer service. Unfortunately, I don't see a mention of estimate(5-7 days) in the email.

As the agent informed we are indeed looking into it, and there is an open ticket which is under investigation. Unfortunately, we cannot predict on a fixed time for this to be resolved. The Customer Service has kept your case open so when there is any update on the ticket they will inform you about it.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

Thank you for looking into this. The 5-7 days came from the agent I was speaking to, I was unable to speak to second line support directly. Clearly this issue renders both our 6200 and 6000 simultaneously unusable without a significant inconvenience so I would hope to get the issue resolved within a week.
    I have now downloaded 16.600 to both devices and it has NOT resolved the problem. It is now 7 days since the agent responded that it would be fixed and there has been a software update.
    I have three top-of-the-line TomToms when they were purchased (6200 / 600 / 940) and this fault renders the 6200 / 6000 simultaneously unusable.
    Superusers
    Richard747 wrote:
    I have now downloaded 16.600 to both devices and it has NOT resolved the problem. It is now 7 days since the agent responded that it would be fixed and there has been a software update.
    I have three top-of-the-line TomToms when they were purchased (6200 / 600 / 940) and this fault renders the 6200 / 6000 simultaneously unusable.
    Hi
    If your not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on 6200 and 6000 and you wish to use the 6200 / 6000, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain two MyDrive Online Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Note: logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic info

ATB YFM
    Thanks for the reply. After consulting with Support I spent quite sometime setting up both devices with the same MyDrive e-mail as this is now possible. Previously I had two different e-mails (the one on the 6000 was fictitious, it was the only way to set it up as I already had a 940 using a valid e-mail address). I deleted the fictitious one, had to do a factory reset on the 6000 after manually entering all the worldwide My Places into the new 6200. Finally these synched through MyDrive to the reset 6000.
    I don't have the appetite to reverse that whole process and have to make up another fictious address.

I agree that I can log out of MyDrive each time but that is only a sticking plaster solution. When TT eventually made it possible to share one e-mail address between devices then an elementary thought that a change of destination on one device or computer with MyDrive would change the destination on all the other devices should have been an obvious non-starter.

It is great to be able to share MyPlaces between devices via MyDrive but to simultaneously change all the destinations...it needs fixing a.s.a.p..
    I have been logging out of my 6200 each time I have used it to stop it sending the new destination to the 6000. However I have discovered that it is necessary to be logged onto MyDrive to receive an SMS message.

TT when is this going to be fixed please?
  • KremseggKremsegg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Selective access to different multiple devices via My Drive App still impossible !

What a shame TOM TOM has not repaired this error in handling multiple devices !
    To switch off the My Drive Sync on one device is like driving at night without lights on !

When will TOM TOM support the name of each of multiple devices sharing one account to send a target to ?
    For more than 7 months nothing has been fixed i understand ??????
    Superusers
    Hi
    If your not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on your GO 5100 and GO 6200

The only other way to use the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner with the GO 5100 and GO 6200, is to set up individual MyDrive accounts with a different Email and password for each device

The downside is, you will need a MyDrive Web account for each device... Plus maintain separate MyPlaces, POI's and Routes for each account

ATB YFM
  • bigbig Posts: 1,633
    Superuser
    Note the email addresses you use to sync don't actually have to exist. If you want to use something like [email protected] it will work fine, as long as nobody else picks it first! (ttexample.com doesn't exist by the way)
    I am still battling to get the 'destination' problem fixed so an update on my 6000 doesn't go to my 6200 and vv...yet keep letting 'My Places' synchronise.
    The last response I received was 25 Jul 2017:

The reference number for your query is 170131-xxxxxx.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Richard, in the 17.200 update release the destination synchronisation has not been released.
    We are following up regularly with the concerned team and will be updating you as soon as this issue has been resolved.

I have followed it up again on 15 Oct 2017 and await a reply.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
    17.3 has NOT fixed this. Destinations are still being synched via MyDrive. How long do we have to wait?
    Superusers
    Hi
    There's no Tomtom App for my Windows 10 Phone so I can't receive an SMS message anyway

So with the exception of the necessity to be logged onto MyDrive to receive SMS messages
    I can't really see a difference between logging in and out of MyDrive on the individual devices
    To logging in and out of individual device accounts, using the My Drive Web Route planner as suggested

You will still be logging in and out of accounts whichever method is used

ATB YFM