Unable to select correct speed limit on Rider 400

BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
edited November 2018 in RIDER
When I want to report the correct speed limit I can scroll to the new value, but when I click on it the old value is under my finger again?
I tried it slooooow, I tried it fast, but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone see a similar behaviour?

I don't know when this started, but I definitely was able to select the correct speed a while ago.

Comments

• DerBetaTesterDerBetaTester Posts: 27 [Apprentice Seeker]
    In the past there was an issue where you could only select the very next lower or higher speed limit. Than the next one and so forth until you finally reached the correct limit. May be still the same behavior and in the past the desired limit was by coincidence the next lower one.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Blieje,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue to which we currently don't have a solution. We're working hard to find a solution as soon as possible. Meanwhile, some have been able to report speed limit changes by tapping quickly enough.

Please note, that you can also report map changes with the MapShare Reporter. The benefit of this is also that you can follow the progress of your report.

Cheers, Mikko
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    Ok,
    It's not "me" :cool:
  • basixbasix Posts: 480 Superuser
    I reported this issue many months ago. Still unresolved.. I don't bother creating new issue tickets trying to explain other issues I'm having or correcting stuff on the maps anymore as it is just an additional source of frustration.

I am not a TomTom employee. Don't send me private messages.
    basix wrote:
    I reported this issue many months ago. Still unresolved.. I don't bother creating new issue tickets trying to explain other issues I'm having or correcting stuff on the maps anymore as it is just an additional source of frustration.
    This was indeed first reported a long time ago. The 16.201 release fixed this for most and we've received very few reports since.

I know it's frustrating when there's a longstanding issue. Unfortunately, it can sometimes happen that things "fly under the radar" if we don't get feedback about them. It's always good to update your case at Customer Service after a software update in case an issue is still happening on the new software.

Cheers, Mikko
  • basixbasix Posts: 480 Superuser
    I understand your reasoning Mikko, doing that should be more constructive, but it isn't. I'm being treated as a retarded person by the customer service people. I'm getting the same standard answers over and over again. (Drum-roll reset your device, factory reset your device and recover your device, and it must be your device so please send it over so we can have a look at it)

Nevertheless, I'll send it back soon anyway, it started showing condensation under the screen.

I am not a TomTom employee. Don't send me private messages.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,512 TomTom Moderator
    Hi basix

Thanks for all the information you provided.

I have sent a heads up to the customer service about this, and so they will look into it further.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    Hi all,

We've just released a new software update. Could you update your devices, please, and post back here whether you see an improvement regarding this issue?

Thanks, Mikko