Charging the RIDER 400 device through the charging cradle in the truck

BuellSTTBuellSTT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 16 in RIDER
Hello. Received my Rider 400 this past Christmas. The motorcycle mount works correctly but, the device cannot be charged through the additional charging cradle installed in my truck. I can however charge the device if cable is plugged directly to GPS.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,763 Superusers
    Hi
    Are you using to Supplied Tomtom Power Adapter ???

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

using the supplied usb cable or a good one ?? same for the adapter ??
    is it from the settings screen you see it not charging, or it dies after a while ??

i would try the supplied usb cable and adapter from the car kit to see if that fixes the problem, then go from there.
    anything else you can share about the setup ?? make sure the gps is completely mounted in the car cradle. (slid all the way down)
    could be a defective mount
  • BuellSTTBuellSTT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much for your replies. Yes, I was using supplied charging adapter and cable. Two output adapter will charge Rider 400 if connected directly to the GPS. I want to be able to leave the windshield mount and cradle mounted and ready to simply slide the GPS from motorcycle mount to automobile mount rather than fumble connecting cable to GPS then working on to cradle. If cable is attached to automobile cradle the green ready to charge light of charger is on. Immediately upon sliding GPS into cradle the charging light extinguishes. Remove GPS and light returns. I tried polishing the contact points with soft pencil eraser with no apparent affect. Contacted Tomtom customer service and left message last evening. No reply yet. I was surprised how the company asks paying sustomers to seek the time of other customers for problems rather than shouldering the burden themselves. I greatly appreciate the time of other enthusiasts who would reply to a stranger but, i would rather exchange more pleasant topics. Thanks !
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 282 [Exalted Navigator]
    got ya, so the same cable and adapter direct to the 400, all works as it should. sounds like the mount to me, good luck