Device Not responding quickly — TomTom Community

Device Not responding quickly

My VIA 1535 is not responding the way it used to. It lags. This means that it tells me to turn and I do, and it is still showing before the turn on the map and sometimes takes up to a minute or more to catch up. Is there a way to reset the device to get this to go away and start working properly?

Next question is if I find a destination is no longer where the device tells me it is, is there a way to report this so that it does not give the destination in the future and to others that may be looking for it? ie. Type in POI Near you, by name, "McDonalds", and it gives direction to one, but it is not there or anywhere close. Can this be reported and how?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,564 Superuser
    @RawTalent101

Q1) Sounds like you need to get a QuickGPSfix file (on a regular basis) and remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button.

Q2) Use MapShareReporter to notify TT these destination failures
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • RawTalent101RawTalent101 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so much for your help. Seems to be working well now.