Via 1535 TM transfering current device data to a new device — TomTom Community

Via 1535 TM transfering current device data to a new device

I have the Via 1535 TM that I've had for several years. It still works great, but I'm concerned it may fail due to age. I have many trips with 100s of saved locations and favorites on the device. How do I back these up? How would I restore or load these onto a new device. Can the micro SD card be used to save and load this data?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    You can save favourites to your computer using 'manage community content' when the unit is connected to the computer with MyDriveConnect running. Then right click the tomtom icon in the notification area to get to 'manage community content' and go from there.

Then, with the newer models, you can add favourites to the new name in Nav 4 called My Places using MyDrive.

That said, if your 1535 is working, hang on to it. It has a sd card slot for future map expansion.
  • macnicolmacnicol Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for the reply, I followed your suggestion and downloaded My Favorites.

Regarding the micro SD slot: what side of the micro SD, connector or plastic, goes into the slot facing the ID label by the power connector? Does the micro SD connector face out or in to the device?
    The microsdhc card only can fit in the slot in one direction. So, if you find it being forced, try reversing it. Supposedly, a 32 gb card can work but I think that is overkill. I'd use a 16 gb card by SanDisk.
  • macnicolmacnicol Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks again, got it inserted correctly and the device recognized it and formatted it. MyDriveConnect also reported the external memory size correctly. Downloaded the full size maps of US-Canada-Mexico and most of the map date was stored on the micro-SD card. Very nice. Wish I had realized I could have done this a few years ago. Seem to recall that back then Tom Tom said that the micro SD card slot could only be used for Tom Tom map cards.
    Indeed, it is the maps that get stored on the sd cards. If MyDriveConnect doesn't 'see' enough space on internal, it puts the entire map on the card, if present. It won't split the single map over two storage areas.