New MyDrive app v1.9.0 available for download — TomTom Community

New MyDrive app v1.9.0 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new MyDrive app v1.9.0 for Android and iPhone and it's available for download in Google PlayStore and iTunes AppStore respectively.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • View alternative routes to your destination and compare travel times and traffic.
  • Select any location on the map and set it as the starting point.
  • Reverse the starting point and destination of a route with a single tap.

For more information click the spoiler.
050acc90-cdfc-46c9-baae-7a24f73d260f.png

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• GlynnoGlynno Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    So, how do you and where do you single tap to reverse route? Please.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,598 Superuser
    @Glynno

Did you click "show content" above?
    You will have seen the up/down arrow that is labelled "Reverse start and end-point"
  • parsd51parsd51 Posts: 183 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Thanks MikkoK, looks cool

I would like it alongside the travel times also to show the distances (without having to open each of the routes). It would make it easier for me to judge between travel time and distance. I might like 5min extra travel time in order to save 10km.
    This also applies also for the web version.
  • jhonjktjhonjkt Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Tell you what else is new, the lack of ability to paste the address into the search box on the android app.
  • TomTom User 5100TomTom User 5100 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    jhonjkt wrote:
    Tell you what else is new, the lack of ability to paste the address into the search box on the android app.

Lack of support for devices such as the 5000/5100 ?
    Just checked the apple app and you can still copy and paste, why was the android app made worse?
  • PhilipNahPhilipNah Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi,

MyDrive app is not available in Google Play Store in Singapore, any plan of making it available soon?
    The new update on Android has finally fixed the copy and paste bug. ☺
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    PhilipNah wrote:
    Hi,

MyDrive app is not available in Google Play Store in Singapore, any plan of making it available soon?
    Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried through tomtom.com/mydriveapp?

Thanks, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

I tried but there are only Mac and Windows version of MyDrive app, not the android version.

I would like to have MyDrive app installed on my android phone, so that I could update new information through my phone instead of unplug the device from my car and upload the update through PC, whenever there is new update.

Thanks,
    Hi Philip,

Sorry, I made a mistake with the link. Can you try again?

Thanks, Mikko
    I tried the link on my phone but it directed me back to Google PlayStore Singapore. Attached is the screenshot. i.e. "This item isn't available in your country."

Is there any other way that I can install the app, bypassing the phone location (i.e. Singapore)?

Thanks,
    Hi Philip,

Thanks for the info!

I see that you're on Wi-Fi®. You're not using a VPN or proxy connection, are you?

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

No, I was not using VPN or proxy connection.

However, I've tried using HMA! PRO VPN, connecting to server in UK/Australia , but I'm still getting the same result. The Google PlayStore was able to recognize my phone as Singapore phone, and link me back to Singapore. It seems like it has something to do with my Gmail account (Singapore) that I used to sign in to Google PlayStore.

Is it anyway that I can get access to apk file and install the app locally?

Thanks,
    Just curious, how long does it take to insert MyDrive app into UK Google PlayStore server? Do you need to pay $$ to insert an app into the PlayStore?

There are quite a number of Tomtom users in Singapore, for those who use iPhone has no problem, but it was a real headache for Android phone user. We have to install and uninstall the Tomtom units from our vehicle to update the software.

Best regards,
    Hi Philip,

Thanks for coming back about this!

At this point I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Philip,

Ignore the last. We've found the problem and it'll be fixed soon :D Please, try again later (in a day or two).

Cheers, Mikko
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    I have just read the above and it sounds like very good service to me
    Thanks Mikko, as tugman had mentioned, you have been very patient in answering my requests and indeed, providing excellence services to the Tomtom's android Users in Singapore. The Singapore office can't solve this problem and I've wrote to Tomtom Australia Customer service, and they told me to wait for the app to be released into PlayStore Singapore server and that's was two months ago.:(

I'm looking forward to your solutions...

Thanks again and have a nice day.....:)
    PhilipNah wrote:
    Thanks Mikko, as tugman had mentioned, you have been very patient in answering my requests and indeed, providing excellence services to the Tomtom's android Users in Singapore. The Singapore office can't solve this problem and I've wrote to Tomtom Australia Customer service, and they told me to wait for the app to be released into PlayStore Singapore server and that's was two months ago.:(

I'm looking forward to your solutions...

Thanks again and have a nice day.....:)
    Glad to be of assistance! :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Philip,

Can you try now again? The app should be in the Singapore Google PlayStore now :D

Cheers, Mikko
    YES!! it's there and I've installed the app......will test it up later and let you know if there is any problem....

Many thanks again for all the helps and patience you have provided...:)

Have a nice weekends.....
    Philip