Spark 3 sync with Powerbeats 3 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Spark 3 sync with Powerbeats 3

2»

Comments

• Kurto2021Kurto2021 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Bose, Beats, Plantronics, Jaybird, Jabra, Sony, JBL, LG, Samsung are the core brands......these brands should work so you can cover the majority of people.

Currently I know that the Jaybirds that have been out for 6 months are not working along with the most recent beats. There has been no action taken on the jaybird freedom post and now the x3's are having issues. I read that there are similar issues with a newer pair of Jabra.

if they tested hundreds of headphones I would like to see a list of those hundred headphones and the status of each. Sorry if I don't trust teh canned answer I have seen on here for the past 6 months.

I am actually pleased that I am hearing that they are trying to address the beats issue but the silence remains on these other brands.

Also it's odd that these headphones work fine with pretty much all phones.....seems like there is an issue with the tom tom bluetooth stack
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    I'm not aware of any issues with this list of brands that you post, please be more specific.

We had an issue with the Powerbeats 3, due to a change that they made on their side, we hope to release a solution to this next week. We are also looking at jaybird freedom since someone has reported that they are not being seen by the watch, but we haven't yet verified whether there is an issue.

No other issues I know of, please let us know if you are having problems. We do aim to be compatible with all the major models, and we do have a public list of recommended headsets.

Personally, having used literally hundreds of Bluetooth headsets, I think the tomtom headset is a great model, and far superior to many more expensive big brands. But a lot of this comes down to individual fit, and everyone's ears and preferences are different!
  • FurkainhkFurkainhk Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I am able to return the watch in the next 14 days and will do that if the fix doesn't materialize. I've had the Powerbeats 3 for a few months now and they seem to work ok with all devices I am using, apart from the Spark 3. Not sure what to get as a replacement though, I am so looking forward to running with music without a phone or iPod...
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    We hope to release a watch update next week which will allow them to work with the powerbeats 3.
  • Gert PauwelsGert Pauwels Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That would be great news :-)
    I hope it will work for the TomTom Adventurer too. I now have a great sports watch and great wireless earphones with the Powerbeats 3. I'm eager to connect the 2 as soon as possible.
  • Kurto2021Kurto2021 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    tt_gt wrote:
    I'm not aware of any issues with this list of brands that you post, please be more specific.

We had an issue with the Powerbeats 3, due to a change that they made on their side, we hope to release a solution to this next week. We are also looking at jaybird freedom since someone has reported that they are not being seen by the watch, but we haven't yet verified whether there is an issue.

No other issues I know of, please let us know if you are having problems. We do aim to be compatible with all the major models, and we do have a public list of recommended headsets.

Personally, having used literally hundreds of Bluetooth headsets, I think the tomtom headset is a great model, and far superior to many more expensive big brands. But a lot of this comes down to individual fit, and everyone's ears and preferences are different!

Jaybird Freedom, Jaybird X3 neither work
  • veluwe_runrrveluwe_runrr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. I bought my runner spark 2 music to actually listen to music, which is why I paid about 50 bucks more.
    Without a shadow of a doubt the powerbeats 2 and 3 are THE most sold sports headphones. Mine won't connect.

TomTom let me down twice now.
    1) In February 2016, I have purchased the JBL Reflect Response. Because I didn't check whether they have volume control, and the watch doesnt, I had to carry my phone anyway. It would connect, but the volume was always on max. Since the battery was now dead after not too many cycles I needed a new set.
    2) Now I've just gotten by market share the worlds leading sports headphones Dr. DRE Powerbeats 3 WITH volume control, and guess what the TomTom spark 2 music again doesn't connect/makes it unusable.

I think we should get back the price difference over the spark without music for a dysfunctional product.
    Two times I've been let down by TomTom, I wont let it happen a third time.
  • jleirajleira Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Eager to receive the watch update.
    The group of runners (30 runners) has a deadline next Thursday to return the watches.
    Please as soon as possible, otherwise we will have a real problem...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    jleira wrote:
    Eager to receive the watch update.
    The group of runners (30 runners) has a deadline next Thursday to return the watches.
    Please as soon as possible, otherwise we will have a real problem...

I would not count on seeing anything by next Thursday as they need to beta test it and then get it out to production. They are not going to rush an update and possibly mess something else up for 30 users (or any amount of users). If you are worried you should return them and you can always repurchase when the patch is out (or return and repurchase immediately to start the return period over again). If you bought them from the same place you amy want to talk to the store, explain the situation and ask them to extend their return policy for a bit. For the cost of 30 returns they may be willing.
  • lmb1970lmb1970 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi is this a definite as I will buy the watch if there is a guarantee it will work eventually?
  • veluwe_runrrveluwe_runrr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tt_gt wrote:
    We hope to release a watch update next week which will allow them to work with the powerbeats 3.

That would be definetly be progress and support to the customers who really love to use your product.
    If you turn 'hope' into action...
  • aneneanene Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The update below has resolved this issue.
    Thank you.
    VERSION 1.3.255
    Released on 19 January 2017 This update applies to: Spark / Runner 2
    We improved the compatibility of the watch when used with Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi All,

Yesterday, we've released software update 1.3.255 for our sports watches to 25% of our users. This improves connectivity with Powerbeats3 headphones.

Note: The headphones will give a double chime and take 12 seconds to connect, this is slower than other headsets but once connected functionality is fine.

A full announcement will be made here once it's released for all the users.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Ri7VerRi7Ver Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    New update from tomtom fixed the problem for me
  • lmjwheelerlmjwheeler Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Successfully paired to my Spark 3 after the update.
    Good job, devs! Thanks for getting this out so quickly.
  • Gert PauwelsGert Pauwels Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Works perfectly now with my TomTom Adventurer. Thanks a lot!!!
  • EMR29EMR29 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Update worked. Thank you TomTom
  • HammerDieHammerDie Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    After the update of the 19th. I bought the headphones again in an offer of El Corte Ingles (165 €). I updated the watch and I was able to pair the headphones without problems. On Sunday, I did a 10km run in Barcelona city and did not cut the communication in any moment. Good job TomTom Team.
  • FurkainhkFurkainhk Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Just to update: my Powerbeats 3 has been working perfectly with my Spark since the software update. Thanks TomTom.
  • RunningDadRunningDad Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Well that's a good thing that Powerbeats 3 in now working with the TomTom update, but what about everyone else who has brand like Jaybird Freedom or Jaybird X3? Jaybird is a very well known brand, why wouldn't TomTom make this comfortable. I had a pair of Jaybird Freedom, didn't work with TomTom Adventurer, so I returned them. Bought the Jaybird X3, same deal, will not connected to TomTom adventurer. This is simply not good enough TomTom. I don't want TomTom headphones, I don't want Powerbeats 3, so does mean I can't listen to music? Pick your act up TomTom or else people will simply go buy a Garmin or Apple Watch 2. By the way, both Jaybird models pair "easily" with Apple Watch 2, ashame they won't with TomTom Adventurer.