Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability — TomTom Community

Citroen C4 Picasso Connect Nav usability

hnealehneale Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I bought a new Citroen C4 Picasso on the first of September. It have what is described as Connect Nav which I believe is a Tom Tom product. The power up screen says Tom Tom in the bottom right corner and the permission / EULA screen says Tom Tom. The System version is given as 5.15.29.42-r1 and is dated 2007-01-01 ?????? The mapping data says Version 955.6940-r1 and dated 2016-07-07.

The webpage http://automotive.tomtom.com/preview/?p=98&v=1&l=en tells me:-

"TomTom powered PSA infotainment platform launched globally

PSA Groupe’s new global infotainment platform, will be first available on the new DS5 as “DS Connect Nav”, then on the Citroen SpaceTourer and the Peugeot Traveller in the first quarter of 2016.

Additional models from all three brands - Peugeot, Citroën, DS - will be rolled out later in the year on a global scale.

PSA customers will not only enjoy our award winning navigation system but also total peace of mind, as lifetime map updates will be included in the vehicle price while a bundle of 5 real-time services will be free for the first 3 years."

However finding out about this unit is a real pain!!

There is no paper manual although I have found a Citroen .pdf which might be the manual. I can not find it listed on the Tom Tom website.

I can not find out how to enter a UK postcode although it does link to my Android phone address book very nicely.

And although the map data is very recent, I am keen to keep that up to date but I can not find how this is done.

I would be grateful for any guidance from the Tom Tom community and this forum as to learn this device and how to manage it in the future.

Many thanks,

hneale

Comments

• capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have similar problems - my mappinv version is 966.7352-prod, dated 2016/04/13, purchased mid November.

I've got the Satnav working OK, along with TomTom traffic (as opposed to TMC which appeared for the first week and was as good as useless). The Dealer had to activate the Traffic online and should have done it at point of sale - but didn't know they had to.

However, as for Updates and Risk Areas...

A long saga. The dealer knows absolutely nothing, so put me onto Citroen Customer Care. Twice, as soon as I said Satnav, the helpdesk transferred me to Navteq/Here Mapping, who provided the old system. Finally got trough to someone who believed me when I said it was a new Satnav system, but they just tried talking me through the http://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/MyCitroen/ site, which connected me to citroen.navigation.com, which in turn said that I should log into my Citroen account at MyCitroen (as navigation.com is again for the old system). Then he got me to sign up (and pay) for Risk Areas on the navigation.com site, which (no surprise) wouldn't install in my car because it was for the wrong system. Then he referred me back to the dealer, saying they should report it via the Technical Platform.

They got the car in for a day, but got no further - no-one at Citroen tech support knows anything about it, apart from suggesting that it should have been activated at point of sale.

Having been sent in circles, I've now written to the Director General of PSA UK to complain and ask him to sort it out.

Postcodes can be entered (without spaces - same as all TomTom devices) in the Address box. It does work - but might need for your Connected Services to be active.

You do need to have linked your entertainment system to the Internet via your phone - set the phone up as a mobile hotspot on Wifi, then go to the second button on the left of the 7" (4 squares), choose the Connection tab at the bottom, then Wifi search and connect the car to the phone. Under Data and Dervices Connection at first you'll see 'Status of connected services' as Activatedand after a little, 'Availability of connected services' as available.

My dealer has requested a manual from Citroen UK, but nothing has yet appeared!
  • marcel80marcel80 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Very Interesting topic. Any update from PSA?

I live in the Netherlands and I got my new Citroen C4 Grand Picasso last month and I found out by accident that it is supposed to have TomTom Traffic. I was playing around with the satnav and for a very brief moment the TMC logo changed to TomTom Traffic and back again. I started searching Google and found out that TomTom is indeed providing the navigation for the new PSA models.

I contacted Citroën (PSA) via citroen.nl and asked them about those lifetime map updates and 3 years of free real-time services. (http://automotive.tomtom.com/preview/?p=98&v=1&l=en). Hopefully I get a response after Christmas.

I also bought the danger zone database for € 7,99. I had to enter my VIN upon purchase. After I connected my car to Wi-Fi via my mobile hotspot I was able to set the option to be alerted for danger zones. It it also supposed to warn me for (fixed) speed cameras but that doesn't work. I passed several cameras but no alerts at all. I contacted HERE (?) via citroen.navigation.com and asked for more details on how to set up alerting for speed cameras. Although they seem to be the provider of the old system, ordering the database did actually change something on my supposedly TomTom navigation. Before the purchase the danger zone warning was not visible (and also not the option to only alert when exceeding the speed limit).

Previously I drove a Renault Megane which also had TomTom Traffic, but that car had a built-in SIM card to connect to the Internet. Connecting my car via Wi-Fi via a mobile hotspot is a very devious method. I cannot imagine that the C4 doesn't have a SIM card built-in.
    Today I received a repsonse from Citroën. In order to get TomTom Traffic my dealer has to add my car to the so-called "OVS portal". After that I have 36 months with Live Traffic, Gas stations, Parking spaces, Weather and search locally for POI's.

After 36 months one can decide whether he/she wants to continue using these online services.
    Prices in NL are € 60 for 1 additional year, € 130 for 3 additional years.

They also provided me with a link to the latest documentation (in Dutch, but there might be an English version out there as well)
    http://service.citroen.com/ddb/modeles/c4picasso/c4picasso_c4pn/ed02-16/nl_nl/contenu/additifs/AC_AUDIO_NL.pdf

I just phoned my dealer and asked him about the 'OVS portal'. He told me that normally new cars get added when a car is delivered. You have to sign a contract (because of privacy regulations) to have these live services activated. I'm going to pay them a visit tomorrow.

In order for live services to work you also have to allow sending back data to Citroën (go to nav > menu > settings > map) and select the last option, not sure how it translates into English, probably something like "Allow sending data". (Dutch: "Versturen van gegevens toestaan")

To be continued...
  • mallchinmallchin Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    marcel80 wrote:
    I also bought the danger zone database for € 7,99. I had to enter my VIN upon purchase.

Where did you buy this please?
    I bought it from http://citroen.navigation.com/ but eventually I got my money back, because they sold me something that did not work for my car. This site is operated by HERE, which is another sat nav and map provider. They told me that I should contact Citroën or my dealer for map updates and danger zones for TomTom. I sent another email to Citroen. Awaiting their reply...
    marcel80 wrote:
    I bought it from http://citroen.navigation.com/ but eventually I got my money back, because they sold me something that did not work for my car. This site is operated by HERE, which is another sat nav and map provider. They told me that I should contact Citroën or my dealer for map updates and danger zones for TomTom. I sent another email to Citroen. Awaiting their reply...

Thank you.

I spoke to my dealer today who was very helpful and explained how it works.

Vehicles with Connect Nav are registered on the OVS portal prior to handover. This provides free quarterly map updates for the life of the vehicle and a free 3 year subscription to the live data feed. There is also an optional SpeedCam Upgrade Pack to provide the speed camera warnings.

So, to enable the "Danger Zone" pack, you need to pay your dealer the fee to subscribe to the SpeedCam Upgrade and they'll enable it for you via the OVS portal for your vehicle.
    hneale wrote:
    I can not find out how to enter a UK postcode although it does link to my Android phone address book very nicely.

And although the map data is very recent, I am keen to keep that up to date but I can not find how this is done.

I can enter postcodes in the search box where it asks for a City.

I believe map updates are handled automatically each quarter via the data connection. These are free for the lifetime of the vehicle.

If your vehicle has the emergency assistance options (Q4 2016 onwards) then it has a GSM SIM and will use that for the data connection, else you'll need to connect your phone. You can check the status of the data connection from within the navigation.
    mallchin wrote:
    So, to enable the "Danger Zone" pack, you need to pay your dealer the fee to subscribe to the SpeedCam Upgrade and they'll enable it for you via the OVS portal for your vehicle.

I visited my dealer today and he looked it up for me in the OVS portal. It is called a SPEEDCAM pack and can indeed be purchased at your local dealer via the OVS portal. Unfortunately they charge EUR 99 for 1 year and EUR 199 for 3 years. Quite a lot of money.
    marcel80 wrote:
    I visited my dealer today and he looked it up for me in the OVS portal. It is called a SPEEDCAM pack and can indeed be purchased at your local dealer via the OVS portal. Unfortunately they charge EUR 99 for 1 year and EUR 199 for 3 years. Quite a lot of money.

Yes, I agree, but it does update hourly and includes crowd sourced data for mobile cameras.
    mallchin wrote:
    Yes, I agree, but it does update hourly and includes crowd sourced data for mobile cameras.

That's something the dealer didn't tell me. Thank you for the additional information.
    I'd just read its updated every two minutes :)
  • Maciej07Maciej07 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    How this information looks on the screen? In my C4 Picasso this feature should be also available but I didn't see any SPEEDCAM, I can only report SPEEDCAM.
  • GilRilGilRil Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi All
    It was good reading all your comments, I had the same thing, we brought a New C4 Picasso 3 weeks ago, I went to see my daughter in Canvey island and the Satnav could not find her address it said "Area not Mapped" (got a screen shot), sent us all round the place, I had to use my iPhone map and got there.
    I logged onto the https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/MyCitroen/ and put in my VIN and it found my Car, I Under the MapCare is says it said, "Your car is not Eligible to the Mapcar program, to get appropriate update mapping click here http://citroen.navigation.com, so I clicked here, put in my VIN number, and found our car, where the Year or the car is, it only goes up to 2013, so I sent an email to Citroen about this,

When I found the map updates for our car is says,
    “Your vehicle is eligible to the MapCare program, which includes 5 years of map updates for your navigation system. To benefit from that program, please connect to your Citroen.com Personal Account or visit your distributor.” so one web says im not then the other says I am, what's going on,

If I click “Europe Map Update” it says, Out of Stock and again it says,
    “Your vehicle is eligible to the MapCare program, which includes 5 years of map updates for your navigation system. To benefit from that program, please connect to Your Citroen.com Personal Account or visit your distributor.”

I sent an email to the http://citroen.navigation.com and they said,
    "Thank you for your recent email about the satnav updates in your Citroen C4 Picasso.
    I'm sorry you have been given a reason to contact us.
    I'd recommend that you contact your local Citroen authorised dealership. They are there to support and offer you any assistance - should you need any technical advice or information, our trained technicians would be happy to help."

I spoke to my Local Citroen dealership, then went to see them, showed them the screen shot, one of their mechanic said he don't know why the maps are doing it, I said what about a updated, they said the Car is New and should have the latest maps, and the updates come out about once a year, (which I cant see that)

I looked at the version of the maps and they look a lot like the ones hneale says he has

System: 5.19.29.42-ro 01-01-1970
    Map: 966.7352-Prod 13-04-2016
    Europe C1-TT-PSA.P3CNS.U-MAP.EUR.TTC-2.0.0

if I hear anything I'll post the replies here,
    Hi,
    Last TomTom maps version for PSA 3.0.1, available for this moment by service (in Citroen Service). I hope soon will by MyCitroen for all. Update takes around 20 min.
    If you are interested in update send me message.
  • BrendonPBrendonP Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi.
    I have the Connect Nav in my new Citroen Dispatch , and also a new C4 Picasso.
    It has taken 4 months to get the tomtom working on the Dispatch and im still waiting for the picasso to connect.
    Nobody at citroen seems to have a clue how the system works.
    Dose anyone here know what the procedure is to A- update the maps, and B- turn on speed camera warnings.
    Aparently there should be a pack coming in the post but theres no sign of it yet.
    Many thanks.
    Hi,
    You can check status of your Connect Nav services only in My Citroen application - activation status. You should download .apk - I find now only French version of this application - but better than nothing (only in French Gogle Play available) . I'm waiting for roll-out for other languages :D. I heard that this month should something occur.
  • FlyingMonkeyUKFlyingMonkeyUK Posts: 20 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have registered to contribute to this forum, as it is the most helpful resource I could find.

We have a new C4 Picasso and also can't get Tom Tom Traffic to work, it just says TMC. I found the English language manual online:

http://service.citroen.com/ddb/modeles/c4picasso/c4picasso_c4pndag/ed01-16/en_us/contenu/additifs/AC_AUDIO_EN.pdf

My dealership said that for them to order a paper copy of this handbook would cost me £25, which I think is ridiculous as the audio / nav features are virtually unusable without this guide. The guide itself isn't available via MyCitroen, unlike the standard handbook and I only found the link via a Citroen forum.

It appears getting all the Citroen Connect Nav features working can be quite a chore and not something the dealerships know a great deal about. I have emailed my dealership to ask about getting the vehicle registered on the OVS Portal (as mentioned above).

However, Traffic aside, it does now appear that Map Alerts and updates are available via Citroen online.

The steps I took:

Registered on https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com and applied my vehicle's VIN.

Downloaded the My Citroen app, signed in with my My Citroen credentials and registered my vehicle's VIN in the app.

Via a desktop, clicked through the Mapcare link, which re-directed me to http://citroen.navigation.com/. This page now has the link for the new Connect touchscreen system. It said that no map updates are available, but I could buy a 12 month's (12 downloads) subscription to Citroen Risk Areas for £27.

Once my dealership comes back to me about the OVS Portal and Traffic, I will probably purchase the alerts, as £27 seems a fair price to pay.

Thanks all.
    N
    Hi,
    Question:
    Is in your car Connect Box (SOS and assistance button)?
    About Maps - now is available version 3.0.1 - you should check version in your car. This version I can share with you (write to me if you are interested). Via MyCitroen is unavailable now - currently only link to HERE maps, or you can ask your dealer - is available by Citroen Service.
    No Assistance or SOS button, but I connect my mobile device as a wi-fi hotspot, so I should get the online services such as traffic, shouldn't I?
    My wife is the primary user of the car, so I can't check my maps version right now.
    The frustrating thing is how little the dealerships seem to be able to assist with the Connect Nav system.
    French manual version for connecting via mobile phone here:
    http://data.citroen.fr/Resources/Content/FR/Brochures/CITROEN_CONNECT_NAV_GUIDE.pdf?_ga=1.177880355.725755269.1421876261
    Or I can send you English version.
    The English version would be good, please.
    Hi, thanks for the document.
    I am pretty sure this is what I have already done, but I will double check when I next use the car.
    As above, I suspect the issue is that the vehicle has not been activated on the OVS Portal.

333cf9da-7756-46e2-b63d-ca4fa8a27366.jpg
    712dc022-7b22-4632-8638-bed2abb7094a.jpg
    3a74ca4b-d8d2-42ac-8317-21f56826d568.jpg
    Definitely don't have any Connect Nav services active. If the dealership doesn't reply to my email by tomorrow, I will have to ring them.

Service status and map version:

0a117519-8e04-4012-8701-3d8e2ff35fba.jpg

1ce29e14-244b-46e1-b827-ad3e77015bec.jpg

Thanks for all your help.
  • capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    FlyingMonkey: "Via a desktop, clicked through the Mapcare link, which re-directed me to http://citroen.navigation.com/. This page now has the link for the new Connect touchscreen system. It said that no map updates are available, but I could buy a 12 month's (12 downloads) subscription to Citroen Risk Areas for £27."

That is taking you to the old provider - "Here/Navteq". I went through that a few months ago, whilst being talked through the procedure by Citroën UK Customer Services, and paid. It will not work for your car, and didn't for mine, as you need the new 'TomTom' map upgrades & Danger Zones.

My car is in with the dealer today (for the 4th time) for them to try & get it working. I have the Head of Customer Care at Citroën UK monitoring it, he's been talking to the C4 Product Manager, and trying to tell the dealership what to do - although several times the dealer has been told to update to the latest version of SMEG. Again, that doesn't work, as SMED is the same version as Here/Navteq, not the new Connect.

Essentially, no-one at Citroën / PSA UK seems to know how to get it to work, and certainly the dealers have not been told.

If I find anything out I'll post it here.

For the TomTom live traffic (as opposed to TMC), the dealer had to activate it online, so I suspect that the Danger Zones is similar. The OVS portal that Marcel80 mentions may well be the key!