TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

VIA1605 screen sensitivity problem

My Via1605 keeps spontaneously changing to the settings page and then to other pages.
I close the pages and they pop back up.
I have tried making sure there is nothing under the bezel that might be pressing on the screen but, that does not have any effect.
I have really liked my Tom-Tom until now.
What can I do to fix this??

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,094 Superusers
    Do you have a screen protector on the screen? If so, remove it. I'd also try (again) to slide the sharp edge of a business card slowly around the entire bezel.
  • joebondyjoebondy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jan 03 2017: Hi new to this forum: My Via 1605 just started acting in this manner on recent 2 day highway trip.
    Tried card trick, no fix (Thanks dhn)
    Not heat related: sitting in condo still happening
    No screen protector.

Voice still gives proper commands.

Unsafe to use

Is there a definitive answer

getting desperate, started pricing Garmin:) by looks of forum this has been a known issue for a while.

Thanks in advance
    Joe
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,094 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • joebondyjoebondy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi dhn tried "drum" reset before, trying again. stable right now, will have to go for a waalk or ride to try it out.
    Thanks
    Joe