Spark 3 battery life — TomTom Community

Spark 3 battery life

SkiddsSkidds Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi I have a spark 3 watch and charge is only lasting 2 hours is this normal? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,346
    Superusers
    Skidds wrote:
    Hi I have a spark 3 watch and charge is only lasting 2 hours is this normal? Thanks

Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2 hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are pretty accurate estimates and my usage and testing has pretty well matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

You don't say what sensors you had on, but unless you had GPS, HR, Music and the backlight, this seems short from a full charge. Music will cut the battery life in half as will backlight, so those are the two biggest power draws. I would do a factory reset to clear up and bad firmware which may be keeping a sensor turned on and see if that helps. if it is still an issue I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • abeMNabeMN Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did a factory reset which took forever. I charged the watch to full and within 2 hours watch is down about 1/8. Everything is turned off, i.e., steps, pulse, everything. My previous Spark 3 which unfortunately was stolen did not do this, battery lasted forever. This watch which I received two weeks ago is terrible on this issue.