Connecting headphones to the watch — TomTom Community

Connecting headphones to the watch

rbrausrbraus Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
How did you get the headphones to connect? Mine will not connect and they are brand new.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,240 Moderator
    Hi rbraus

Welcome to the community:)

Could you do a factory reset on your watch as mentioned on this FAQ . Once this is done try the steps on this FAQ to connect and pair the headphone again.

Hope this will help..

Regards
    Vikram
  • rbrausrbraus Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I don't really want to do a factory reset and lose my music. And I am not sure it will make a difference because it sounds like, from this thread, the newer Jaybrids are not supported.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,334
    Superusers
    rbraus wrote:
    I don't really want to do a factory reset and lose my music. And I am not sure it will make a difference because it sounds like, from this thread, the newer Jaybrids are not supported.

A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data or music, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards and music is on a separate drive which is not affected by a reset. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

For the pairing, make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rbrausrbraus Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Did a factory reset. Tried to pair headphones. Now instead of hearing on the headphone that they are connected but getting "not connected" on the watch, I get the message that multiple headphones are in range. These are the only headphones turned on and I have bluetooth on computer and phone turned off so there should be nothing else in range.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,334
    Superusers
    rbraus wrote:
    Did a factory reset. Tried to pair headphones. Now instead of hearing on the headphone that they are connected but getting "not connected" on the watch, I get the message that multiple headphones are in range. These are the only headphones turned on and I have bluetooth on computer and phone turned off so there should be nothing else in range.

There is another device somewhere in range. Do you have BT speakers? They are always emitting a pairing signal so they can activate as you approach and may be the issue (it could even be in a neighboring apartment if you are in an apartment building). Try going outdoors away from everything and trying it there.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • artmenartmen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • RedPedRedPed Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i am having the same problem. i have upgraded from the tomtom runner 2 to the tomtom runner 3 today. i have tried to pair my headphones and it tells me there are multiple devices nearby when i have the headphones in pair mode (there arent. if i press up on the watch and search without turning the headphones into pair mode then it tells me nothing is in range.

i have reset the watch and tried it again and i am getting the exact same problem. what do i need to do???? this is really frustrating as i wanted to go for a run tonight but will be without music
  • ValtraValtra Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had same problem on new Tomtom Runner 3 with headphones. It tells me there are multiple devices nearby when i have the headphones in pair mode. So I try to do it ouside on different place that I was sure that thetre is no other device in 200 meter radius, and it paired without problem. Without facory reset
  • meesterdevriesmeesterdevries Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Had the same problem here:multiple devices. Went outside and tried again. Problem solved! No reset necessary. There's so much Bluetooth these days. Great chance of interference even when you don't expect it.
    Happy with my runner 3. Combination with Philips SHQ7900 is great BTW.