After the update v1.14 , no connection with TomTom anymore - Page 2 — TomTom Community

After the update v1.14 , no connection with TomTom anymore

Comments

• bvannierbvannier Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Working version is 1.12, just google it and reinstall
    Only way before they find a fix
    Kindly yours from an old man
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear so many of you are suffering from this issue!

We're working hard to find a solution to this as soon as possible. Meanwhile, the suggested troubleshooting steps have helped many with this issue so they're certainly worth trying. But unfortunately, there isn't anything more we can do at the moment before the solution is found be the product team. I'll keep you posted.

Refund requests should be directed to Customer Service. We cannot handle such queries on the user forum here.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • satsurfersatsurfer Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Zsolt wrote:
    Try to clear the cache and data of the Google Play Store app, maybe there is some c.ck-up there. The 1.14 app works just fine with full EU and regional map here (on Android 6.0.1).
    I go to applications, and then I delete cache and data of Tom Tom GO. Is that what you mean? Doesn't help. :-(
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Yep, that's what I referred to. Oh well...it is worth trying, can't hurt. Anyhow, after some time, the Play Store app is full of junk.
  • satsurfersatsurfer Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Sorry, all my other apps aren't as buggy as TomTom. They are free as well and more up-to-date than tomtom!!
  • MatthewPMatthewP Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    deleted the play-store cache and data did not help.
    Installing v1.12 did not work either.
  • gvanloygvanloy Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same issue also since 7/12.
    I contacted support already on 8/12. I only got a reaction to my case yesterday (15/12/2016).
    The only reaction your support team was able to give was 'delete the cache... if this should not work, please post more information regarding your model and software version'. My original thread already contained that I tried everything (including delete cache and do a factory reset). Even my model number (S7) and firmware version were already included. z

So after waiting for an entire week, this was the only reaction your support team could come up with?

This is really becoming embarassive....
  • gvanloygvanloy Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    additional info... installing tomtom go on a tablet connected to the same google account works fine.
    Superusers
    @gvanloy: This is a user forum, not a TT support forum. They (whoever you called) have no "access" to the information you put here (if you mean under the "original thread" the post on the forum and not in the mail you've sent to them).

Also the fact that it works on another device of yours (and works for many other people) means that it is not necessarily a widespread issue with the app in general. Especially as others pointed out that neither 1.13, nor 1.12 worked for them on the same phone, wherelse it used to work. So might be an issue with an update, that Google is pushing on the devices, in the background, via the Play Store app.
  • Nbphil2Nbphil2 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've been using a Galaxy Note Edge for a week and v1.14 did not work on this. I downloaded v1.10 from apkmirror and that did work.
    Today I got my repaired LG G4 back and 1.14 did not work on this either. I managed to restore 1.131 using LG backup but this did not work, even though it had been working at the time of the backup. Today I also got a reply from support. I followed their advice without uninstalling 1.13 and installing 1.14 and that worked. So I then updated to 1.14 and that now works! The advice was;

Delete the following folders from the internal memory :
    Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp
    Android/obb/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp

- Delete the same folders from the SD-card, if they exist.
    - Then go in the Phone Settings > Apps > Go Mobile and tap in the order on Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data and then on Uninstall.
    - Restart the phone.
  • waterlooswaterloos Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I done this and it is worse now. The app still worked but now it don't start any more. I want my money back.
    Superusers
    If it was working before, why did you do anything to it? Try to uninstall and then install it again.
  • waterlooswaterloos Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Because I could not download new maps
    Superusers
    Whatever you guys say, the issue is with your devices. Just installed the 1.14 app on an additional 4 devices, all with different accounts. All together 5 Android devices: ZUK Z1 phone with Android 6.0.1, 2x Google Nexus 7 1st Ed on 6.0.1, Ulefone U007 on 6.0.1 and Samsung whatever on 5.1.1. All work just fine.

e127b8ba-9c70-4fda-b910-ad9dd0c13ae4.jpg
  • BartelliBartelli Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The solution posted in one of the many other threads regarding this issue worked for me.
    Switch phone's language to English and reinstall the app. When done you can switch back to your native language. Dutch in my case.
  • bvannierbvannier Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    @Zsolt
    Please, can you check out if you still have access to the trafic info after several days of use?
    I never had any problem of installing any update from googleplay, BUT the major problem was accessing to tomtom services and trafic info after a simple reboot.
    Version 1.14, no services, Version 1.12, everything is find.
    I run LG V10, marshmallow, french version with SFR.
    Kindly yours from an old man
    Superusers
    I have traffic right now and had no issue with it either in the past days/weeks.
  • wenswens Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, worked for me as well... changed langauge settings from Dutch to English (UK) and download started immediately.
    Afterwards I needed to install a Dutch voice and then changed my langauge settings again to Dutch.
    Seems TomTom is working now again as before...
  • jefken153jefken153 Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    update 1.14.1 received.
    Still problem by downloading maps or voices
    Still same mention:
    "Kan kaarten niet weergeven.Controleer de internetverbinding en probeer het opnieuw"
    For the dutch people in Holland:
    Can not show maps. Check your Internet connection and try again.

This is the same mention like with update 1.14.0

Please tomtom can't you fix it?

Why can't belgian people have a good working app?

Jef
  • CybercakeCybercake Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've just update my app to 1.14.1 and have the same problem.

But after I modified my system language from Chinese to English it seems starting working.

Then I switched the language back and can go to bed finally...
    Cybercake wrote:
    I've just update my app to 1.14.1 and have the same problem.

But after I modified my system language from Chinese to English it seems starting working.

Then I switched the language back and can go to bed finally...

And can you download other maps and voices in your language now ?
  • Chambers oneChambers one Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @jefken153,
    With you having so many problems with every version. I would start clean. Uninstall the app. Then look on you phone memory and External SD card for anything that has to do with TomTom Go. Android com.tomtom.gplay.navapp. Remove the folder from you phone's memory and External SD card. Then turn off your phone or tablet. Restart it up again. Put you phone in UK English. Then install the app from the Google Store. Then open the app and download Benelux map. Then download UK voice. After that is done and TomTom Go is working. Close the app. Shut the phone down. The start it up again Switch your phone to Netherlands. The open your TomTom Go. It will tell you the voice is wrong. Go to settings in TomTom Go and download. Ellen Computerstem Nederland (Belgie). It works. Now you can down load other maps if you like. The reason you are having so many problems is something is corrupted in your files. I have tested this and it works.
    @jefken153,
    With you having so many problems with every version. I would start clean. Uninstall the app. Then look on you phone memory and External SD card for anything that has to do with TomTom Go. Android com.tomtom.gplay.navapp. Remove the folder from you phone's memory and External SD card. Then turn off your phone or tablet. Restart it up again. Put you phone in UK English. Then install the app from the Google Store. Then open the app and download Benelux map. Then download UK voice. After that is done and TomTom Go is working. Close the app. Shut the phone down. The start it up again Switch your phone to Netherlands. The open your TomTom Go. It will tell you the voice is wrong. Go to settings in TomTom Go and download. Ellen Computerstem Nederland (Belgie). It works. Now you can down load other maps if you like. The reason you are having so many problems is something is corrupted in your files. I have tested this and it works.

So Chambers one ,

I followed many instructions here and in other setting language there are no problems with the app.
    I did what you wrote :
    After uninstall the app there wasn't a file in Android. Com. Tomtom.gplay.navapp also not on sdcard
    And the hole procedure as you write everything is fine until I chose in my settings nederlands België. Then my app works but I cannot download maps or voices. So there is still the problem to reach the servers of Tomtom.
    So this is not normal that I cannot put my language on nederlands België to have working app.

So I am still waiting a solution
    When I chose language nederlands nederland everything works fine and I can Then download maps and voices.
    But this works not When I Set nederlands België So there is a big problem. WHY DOESN'T it works with the update 1.14.1/2 .it works well with ealier version?
    Even I do the hole procedure of installing the app 1.14 with language nederlands nederland everything works fine. It isn' t necessary to set on english uk.
    But on changing to nederlands België the problem persistent
    Now when I chose language francais belgique everything works and I can download cartes and voix.
    So the problem is limited to flanders fields .So tomtom knows now where to find the error
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0