TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Western Europe Iphone - Postcode option missing

Comments

• Pintail120Pintail120 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Please be more accurate !
    What you say is only partially true, you can only enter the first three digits of the postcode.
    Previously when entering the full postcode this allowed you to pick the street right away as the full postcode is 99% accurate.
    With only three letters of the postcode you are FORCED to know the street name otherwise you are unable to continue.
  • BerniecmillsBerniecmills Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Absolutely horrified. The postcode search has been removed from the uk iOS software. This is a total disaster and THE only reason I use this software. Please put it back asap.
  • BerniecmillsBerniecmills Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you please post notes on how I can install the software from last week so I can use the postcode search. I would like this back the way it has been for 5 years. Please also don't change the software again. I am happy with it as is and don't need any updates especially if it removes key features. Many thanks.
  • Beardywierdy42Beardywierdy42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Pintail120 - nope. He was implying that full postcode search was available. We, on the other hand, can infer that from his implication.

Yep. Full postcode search still seams to be there if you type in a full postcode into the "Copied Address"!box and hit return.

It displays a town name in the results. Click on the town name and if you're lucky it will resolve the postcode to an actual address.

Tested with half a dozen postcodes just now.

Although, please TomTom, could you bring back the postcode menu option?
  • YouCannotBeSeriousYouCannotBeSerious Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom please urgently update and replace postcode search option! I paid for this app v1 some years ago with lifetime updates. But everytime you do an update you just make it worse to operate. Why remove postcode option? Why don't you "bench test" the updates before releasing them so we as paying customers don't have to suffer? I am on the road sometimes for 10hrs a day and now i find i cannot input full postcode, i now can only put in the first three digits, then i have to scroll/fine the street name - when i do i cannot input a house number! - it just comes up crossroad or anywhere!!!!! to give you a quick example yesterday i spent travelling back and forth for just under a mile long road because your update has taken away full postcode!!!! in the end i gave up on the app and had to use google maps (which amazingly took me to 10ft of the property)...Perhaps its time to move to another service like Garmin? In the meantime does anybody know how we can revert back to the old software before the update???
  • M6pluggerM6plugger Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just type the full postcode into the Navigate to Copied Address and when the city/town/village destination comes up just tap it and the specific destination of the postcode is shown. SIMPLES!
  • StanStanGoStanStanGo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have deleted the v1.26 rubbish and then connected my iphone to PC for a reinstall of the older version. If you have previously done a full iTunes backup you should have the apps. You can see if you navigate to your music folder>itunes>itunes media>mobile applications.
    Mine is W.Europe 1.20.ipa which is a few versions older but still better than the rubbish pushed out.
  • StanStanGoStanStanGo Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @M6plugger, I do not think you understand what is truely missing. If that is all you need from it then great, but TomTom HAVE removed the postcode feature. End of.
  • Beardywierdy42Beardywierdy42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @StanStanGo - what's missing?
  • Alan Derby UKAlan Derby UK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    M6plugger, yes, I can see it's kind of still there, and better than nothing while they fix it, but you don't have the option to then add house/building number as you did before.

I really wish I'd not updated it. I could hardly believe it when I realised it had gone. The most obvious way of entering info to navigate to and they've messed it up!
  • RichardstrongarmRichardstrongarm Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    SOLUTION: click "Navigate to" then scroll down to "Copied Address" then type in the post code. The city will come up which you need to click on and then click select. It should give you an over view of your destination. You can also move this function up to the top of the menu by editing the menu at the bottom.
  • Azijur rahmanAzijur rahman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I use tomtom for my taxi use now it's make my life harder cuz no post code option.
  • GreenCowGreenCow Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why in gods name did you remove the navigate to post code feature? I paid a lot of money for this app - and it was made this app functional. The app is pretty useless to me now. I'm infuriated.

Removal of the google search was bad enough. This takes the biscuit.

I will take legal action against you, Tom Tom, for trying to force me to use your awful GO app by removing key features, for which I paid handsomely, in the Western Europe app.
  • Alan Derby UKAlan Derby UK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I used the "copied address" option earlier, pasting in the full address from an email.... it got me no where near where I was meant to be, and so was 20 minutes late for a family meal.
    Alan, try using just the post code in the "copied address" mode. Should be the same as before.
  • darren_r1darren_r1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, missing postcode search western europe
    Darren, see up to previous comment. It is still there just more awkward.
  • darren_r1darren_r1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    yeah not really the same though, doesnt give you the option for house number after you've entered the postcode for example. Just want the orginal postcode option back ASAP.
    Darren, see up to previous comment. It is still there just more awkward.
  • ArdslickArdslick Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just updated the tomtom app on iOS and the navigate to postcode option is now missing. How can I get it back?
  • JaCrJaCr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom have gone from heroes to zeroes if this is a stunt to push people on to the go app. Why would you create something so completely terrible, when the TomTom Europe app has been the best on the market for years... until you deleted postcode searching of course!
  • WilsherlockWilsherlock Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The TomTom App for iPhone WAS a brilliant product and I have used it almost daily for the last 6 years for my job which takes me to a different worksite every day. The HD Traffic subscription has also been a Godsend. I tried the TomTom Go App and found this is not as good.

The latest update has degraded what was an excellent product, especially removal of the POSTCODE navigation option.

This has massively dented my confidence in TomTom as a product and as an organisation.

If this is not fixed I will find an alternative product .... It won't be TomTom Go !
  • LuanniLuanni Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    TOMTOM FIX POSTCODE PROBLEM NOWWWWW!
  • WilsherlockWilsherlock Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The TomTom App for iPhone WAS a brilliant product and I have used it almost daily for the last 6 years for my job which takes me to a different worksite every day. The HD Traffic subscription has also been a Godsend. I tried the TomTom Go App and found this is not as good.

The latest update has degraded what was an excellent product ... especially removal of the NAVIGATE TO ... POSTCODE option.

This has massively dented my trust in TomTom as a product and as an organisation.

If this is not fixed I will find an alternative product .... It won't be TomTom Go !

I have paid good money for this app including the HD Traffic Subscriptions. In the past I have strongly promoted TomTom as it has been an excellent product.

TomTom .... are you going to fix this product ?
  • LfrancisLfrancis Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Corinne Vigreux Is the co founder of Tom Tom I've just bombarded her and a load of the senior team saying GO is awful and I'll buy Garmin if they don't reinstate!!!

People power, all do the same!!!!!
  • RobingRobing Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Discussing behaviour. We paid for this software and now key functionality has been taken away from us to push us to install Tomtom's new 'pay as you use' software once the introductory offer expires.
    I'd rather use the software I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR with or without map updates etc.
    After over 25 years as a Tomtom enthusiast I'll be switching to something else. Talk about losing the plot...
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online35

Dagobert
Dagobert
dmulv
dmulv
DougLap
DougLap
Gazibarev
Gazibarev
GewO
GewO