New software v1.3.254 for Spark, Runner 2, Spark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer available for download — TomTom Community

New software v1.3.254 for Spark, Runner 2, Spark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a software update v1.3.254 for the Spark, Runner 2, Spark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer watches and it's available for download in MySports Connect.

[h2]What's new?[/h2]
The first list of improvements listed below are for all of the above watches. Some addtional changes to some models are listed below.
  • We’ve enabled the use of the Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS) for Japan.
  • We’ve implemented a new Japanese Font.
  • We’ve improved the reliability of connections to sensors.
  • We’ve improved the off-wrist detection for sleep tracking.
  • We’ve made the swimming calorie calculation more accurate.
  • We’ve improved the cycling demo mode. It previously showed no speed.
  • We’ve made some improvements to Norwegian.
  • You can now do a long press to automatically scroll through the Activity menu, Activity metrics screens and when choosing values for settings.
  • We’ve fixed a bug which may cause the final lap to always be a bit too short.
  • You can now use 20 playlists on your watch.
  • We’ve fixed a number of causes of occasional resets.
  • Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

[h3]Additional for Spark 3 / Runner 3[/h3]
  • Your route just got easier to follow with auto-rotation. You now see your trail in the direction you are moving. This can be turned on or off in the ‘Rotation’ activity setting.
  • Trails now have a thicker grey line to improve visibility.
  • We’ve added more trail zoom levels for each activity type.
  • We’ve added waypoints to the compass. It now shows the start of an activity, start and end of a trail and the distance from those points.
  • We no longer accumulate calories when an activity is paused.
  • We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the watch name to be shown as Error in a phone’s Bluetooth® settings.
  • Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

[h3]Additional Adventurer[/h3]
  • We’ve added multiple summary cards to winter sports activities.
  • We’ve added trails to winter sports.
  • In Freestyle activities you can now choose to be shown the altitude and descent.
  • We’ve improved the accuracy of 3D distance.
  • We’ve improved the accuracy of speed / pace in hiking activities.
  • We’ve improved the accuracy of ascent and descent.

Happy sporting! :D

Edit: Corrected error with the version number

Comments

• Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Wow!
    Impressive list of improvements!
    Finally something is going on!
    :)
  • portiere32portiere32 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wow, this is really good update. Nice work!
  • jygjygjygjyg Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Unfortunately, smartphone notification is not on the list.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,103 Superusers
    jygjyg wrote:
    Unfortunately, smartphone notification is not on the list.

They have stated in other posts on the forums that they are experiencing difficulties with this but are committed to getting it implemented. The sheer number of Android phones that are out there are an issue as each handset treats the BT protocols and notification system differently, and trying to find a single solution that works on all phones is problematic (not just for TT but for all manufacturers). If they only release it for iOS only or limited Android models they will get a lot of backlash for that, so they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • ScalposScalpos Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Well, having 20 playlists instead of only 10 is a small welcome improvement, but please let the user be in control of how many playlists he'd like to manage, how the music should be managed: playlists + folders !!!
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    You can now do a long press to automatically scroll through the Activity menu, Activity metrics screens and when choosing values for settings.

Could someone explain to me what it is, how can I use it ?

thanks
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    icemac wrote:
    MikkoK wrote:
    You can now do a long press to automatically scroll through the Activity menu, Activity metrics screens and when choosing values for settings.

Could someone explain to me what it is, how can I use it ?

thanks

it just means that you can keep pressing the button down (and not press repeateadly several times) if you want to browse quickly through some screens and some menu items. pretty convenient. not sure why it's not a system wide feature...
  • Eel Pie PeteEel Pie Pete Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Once again an update wipes a whole week's worth of data from my watch - Cheers for nothing...
  • ou999ou999 Posts: 74 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Once again an update wipes a whole week's worth of data from my watch - Cheers for nothing...
    That's a pity. However, as soon as I connect my watch to my phone (automatically using bluetooth) or to my pc (usb), everything is synced. So I cannot upgrade my watch without syncing. Doesn't this happen with your watch?
  • madmausmadmaus Posts: 65 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    today first run after update unfortunatly no distance was recorded.
    After uploading the whole route is displayed but 0,02 km.
    Uploading to strava does give an correct distance because strava calculate the route again.

https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/webapi/v2/activity/perm_OLNB1LPSbL1wtF9chrDTTty9gf121uFYAVDTg1sLUoPkBuRXc5qORbI2u4vYWKUwKjedmMELdDXeTFwVV7-teA?format=html

Bug in firmware or should i perform an reset?
  • EES1EES1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Since I updated to v1.3.254, sleep time calculation seems completely wrong. Now gives as hours of sleep the time the watch is removed from the wrist. I never had problems with this until now. My watch is a Spark Cardio Music. Strange thing when one of the good points for this release is: "We’ve improved the off-wrist detection for sleep tracking".

Is this a bug? Any ideas?
  • giogigiogi Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    EES1 wrote:
    Since I updated to v1.3.254, sleep time calculation seems completely wrong. Now gives as hours of sleep the time the watch is removed from the wrist. I never had problems with this until now. My watch is a Spark Cardio Music. Strange thing when one of the good points for this release is: "We’ve improved the off-wrist detection for sleep tracking".

Is this a bug? Any ideas?
  • giogigiogi Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same problem after the update
  • MarvAngMarvAng Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No distance calculated after firmwares updated...
    MarvAng wrote:

Do a factory rest. The firmware update most likely did not install properly.
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    For this issue where you see no distance when running, or step counting / sleep going wrong following the update, could you try to fully discharge the battery, and see if that clears it?

If you enable night mode and do a gps activity it should kill the battery in a few hours.

Otherwise, a factory reset should clear it.

Sorry to hear that a few of you are seeing problems.
    Sorry, that was incomplete. The battery actually needs to fully discharge - that is until the screen goes completely blank (not even displaying a battery icon).

That takes maybe 12/24 hours after it displays the battery icon, depending on the age of the battery.

Sorry once again for this, it was an extremely rare bug that has been there from when the spark/runner 2 was launched, and we think we will have a fix in the next update.

Please don't hold off taking this update because you are worried about seeing this. There is a less than one in a thousand chance of it happening on an individual update, so the vast majority of people will be fine.
  • PBWPBW Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    After updating my Runner3 to ver. 1.3.254 the compass is unreliable no matter how many times I calibrate it. Can any of you confirm this?
    Works fine for me. Anyone else?
    tt_gt wrote:
    Works fine for me. Anyone else?

Works fine for me. Perhaps there is some interference where you are?
  • madmausmadmaus Posts: 65 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    MarvAng wrote:

Do a factory rest. The firmware update most likely did not install properly.

Seems fine now after reset.
    Didn't do a full run but a few tests recorded both distance and steps.
  • PBWPBW Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi,

I still have problems with the compass in the Runner3. I have reset the watch, I have calibrated the watch in different locations to make sure there was no interference. It only shows the right direction when it is held in 100% vertical diretion. I never had this problem before the update :-(
  • harunerbilharunerbil Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Watchfaces are still not placed in updates. :)
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    @harunerbil

They are not available
  • johnrebusjohnrebus Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Prettty long list of improvements but I am STILL NASTILY MISSING POSSIBILITY OF RESUME PLAY MUSIC FROM THE POINT IT WAS STOPPED! Im used to listen audiobooks with many tracks (eg. 60) and this is horrable to find the right point every time - EVEN IF YOU CANT FFWD INSIDE THE TRACK :( Whats more - only a few characters of the track name is displayed - the text should roll in the row.