Map Update failures?

jyeungjyeung Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 21 in Map installation
I'm trying to update my TomTom G50 with W. Europe Maps v9.80 but it's constantly failing. The download completes and half/part-way through the upgrade it fails. I've tried this on difference PCs and uninstalling / installing to both the device and SD card - makes no difference. (Map - 5224Mb, free space on device - 5525Mb and SD Card - 6850Mb).

Any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,136 Superusers
    There has been a failure on the servers for now. Apparently, in the interim, you can download a smaller map like UK_and_ROI.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,332 TomTom Moderator
    HI jyeung

Welcome to the community:)

Currently, we are having a technical issue with the new map released v9.80 so it has been rolled back.

We really apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please find more information about this on the below link:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-installation-43/v980-map-installation-fails-with-certain-maps-on-some-devices-1014796

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • jyeungjyeung Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your responses - any idea how I can install UK&I only - my TomTom Connect only gives me the option of Western Europe (and I need it for a trip tomorrow).
    jyeung wrote:
    Thanks for your responses - any idea how I can install UK&I only - my TomTom Connect only gives me the option of Western Europe (and I need it for a trip tomorrow).

That is because you have the Western Europe on your account. You can contact Customer service who can assign a smaller map on your account so you can download it for now.

Hope this will help:)

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • jyeungjyeung Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've got UK&I Maps installed and working after contacting Customer Services. I thought I'd try and download Western Europe 9.80 again - and it's still not working. It's been 2 weeks since it was released and it's still not fixed - what is going on?
    Hi jyeung

Could you please re-open the incident with Customer Service from your side to let them know that you still having problems with installing the map of Western Europe.

I am sure they will be able to assist you further.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!