Smartphone notifications, it's all over?? — TomTom Community

Smartphone notifications, it's all over??

portiere32portiere32 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi Andras,

The reference number for your query is 161207-xxxxxx.

Smart notification will not be available on the Sportwatch's unfortunately. Only our TomTom Touch has phone notifications. You can find out more information on this device by clicking on the link below:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sports/fitness-trackers/#productLineup

If you have any further issue or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

With kind regards,
TomTom Customer Care Team

:@:

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum!

Comments

  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi portiere32,

    Welcome to the Community!

    Sorry to hear about your experience with the customer support! I've now sent them a heads up to follow up with you on the same.

    The product team has provided us with the following statement regarding phone notifications:

    We added smartphone notifications to our new TomTom Touch Fitness Tracker to give our users the opportunity to stay connected when they choose to. It’s a fitness tracker designed to be worn all day. We are still planning to roll out Smartphone notifications for the full range of Spark / Runner 2 & Spark 3 / Runner 3 but it is proving more difficult than expected to support a wide range of handsets

    Cheers,
    lampard
  • portiere32portiere32 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi portiere32,

    Welcome to the Community!

    Sorry to hear about your experience with the customer support! I've now sent them a heads up to follow up with you on the same.

    The product team has provided us with the following statement regarding phone notifications:

    We added smartphone notifications to our new TomTom Touch Fitness Tracker to give our users the opportunity to stay connected when they choose to. It’s a fitness tracker designed to be worn all day. We are still planning to roll out Smartphone notifications for the full range of Spark / Runner 2 & Spark 3 / Runner 3 but it is proving more difficult than expected to support a wide range of handsets

    Cheers,
    lampard

    Hi, Lampard!

    This is very good news! I am very hopeful, It's very important to me.
    Thank You!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    portiere32 wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    Hi portiere32,

    Welcome to the Community!

    Sorry to hear about your experience with the customer support! I've now sent them a heads up to follow up with you on the same.

    The product team has provided us with the following statement regarding phone notifications:

    We added smartphone notifications to our new TomTom Touch Fitness Tracker to give our users the opportunity to stay connected when they choose to. It’s a fitness tracker designed to be worn all day. We are still planning to roll out Smartphone notifications for the full range of Spark / Runner 2 & Spark 3 / Runner 3 but it is proving more difficult than expected to support a wide range of handsets

    Cheers,
    lampard

    Hi, Lampard!

    This is very good news! I am very hopeful, It's very important to me.
    Thank You!

    I am guessing that it is easier for the iPhone since that is a single OS. It is likely Android that is causing issues as the OS is customized and changed by every phone manufacturer. Be aware that when they do implement it, it will be a big battery drain on the phone and the watch, if my experience with the Touch is any indication.
  • AvtarAvtar Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi TomTom Team,
    We are eagerly waiting for this update so that TomTom spark can become the only watch that we will ever need replacing all the smart watches and bands. Can you please add the feature of hydration reminder to keep our body hydrated, i guess it is much required feature in any fitness wearable.

    Thanks,
    Avtar
  • jygjygjygjyg Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Can tomtom release partrial functionality, such as phone call alarm, at your early convenience?

    I do NOT think everybody need all notifications (SMS, IMs, Emails) on such a small sport phone.
  • AvtarAvtar Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I guess notifier is must for all, & for the rest of the functionality anyhow we need to reach to our phone.
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Will be there also a notification for at least Whatsapp or any third party apps?
    Phone calls and SMS(who use this anymore???) are dated.
  • AvtarAvtar Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Team TomTom,
    Any update on this feature? When can we expect the release as it is much required and I purchased this device in the hope that smartphone notifications are on the way to be launched? It is really difficult to afford and manage two wearable devices so either we have to replace smart watch or the tomtom.

    Thanks,
    Avtar
  • shantanusbshantanusb Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
  • Cal YeoCal Yeo Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Yeah I can confirm that it actually works. Even for my TomTom Spark Cardio + Music, which is the previous model. I'm quite happy to see that TomTom are picking up and have also introduced Fitness Age and Fitness Points, which look promising.

    Do note however that as far as I can see only standard messages and phone calls are notified on the watch. I'm an iPhone user and I don't get notifications from e.g. WhatsApp, so it's of limited use. If you look at the press release it appears to be intended, but since other smartwatch brands support other notifications on iOS, it should be possible for TomTom.

    http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1038687
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    Cal Yeo wrote:
    Yeah I can confirm that it actually works. Even for my TomTom Spark Cardio + Music, which is the previous model. I'm quite happy to see that TomTom are picking up and have also introduced Fitness Age and Fitness Points, which look promising.

    Do note however that as far as I can see only standard messages and phone calls are notified on the watch. I'm an iPhone user and I don't get notifications from e.g. WhatsApp, so it's of limited use. If you look at the press release it appears to be intended, but since other smartwatch brands support other notifications on iOS, it should be possible for TomTom.

    http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1038687
    The software update is rolled out in phases so the update is not yet offered to everyone.
  • ItalyRunner73ItalyRunner73 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Jurgen,

    thanks for information and great news about phone (call / sms) notifications on our TomTom Sport Watches.

    It would be great if you could let us know if there will be the opportunity to get "push notification" (like whatsapp, telegram etc) of third party apps too?

    Thanks in advance for your reply.

    Best,

    ItalyRunner73
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    Hi Jurgen,

    thanks for information and great news about phone (call / sms) notifications on our TomTom Sport Watches.

    It would be great if you could let us know if there will be the opportunity to get "push notification" (like whatsapp, telegram etc) of third party apps too?

    Thanks in advance for your reply.

    Best,

    ItalyRunner73
    Hi ItalyRunner73,

    For this software release we have completely rewritten our Bluetooth connection strategy to support a permanent connection between the watch and mobile phone, enabling smoother syncing of activities plus notifications. We have decided to limit the scope to first get text and calls working very well across many devices as these are well understood and do not have a lot of exceptions to handle. Now these first notifications are in place we are evaluating how our users are appreciating the functionality and where / if we can improve it.

    Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • ItalyRunner73ItalyRunner73 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your reply Jurgen.

    It makes great sense, better not to run if you just learned to walk :-).

    We will be happy to support you in further development by providing feedback on this new feature.

    Wish you a great day and thanks for your constant work.

    Best,

    ItalyRunner73
  • neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    So an impact on battery life is expected right?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,568
    Community Manager
    neldiogo wrote:
    So an impact on battery life is expected right?
    Yes, it does. Read more here: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17796
  • NevNutzNevNutz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why is it when i connect my Spark 3 there is no update available? im still on 1.3.255
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    It is a staggered rollout and it is not your turn yet. Only 5% of users are updated so far to make sure there are no major issues. It will be several weeks before everyone sees the update. There is nothing you can do to make it come faster, you just have to wait your turn.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0