Old Tomtom app stops working- GPS issue — TomTom Community

Old Tomtom app stops working- GPS issue

Mischief of ratsMischief of rats Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi, my old Tomtom western Europe app has not been working properly for a while, it has trouble finding gps, doesn't show me where I am. This is definitely not a phone issue, as gps location works fine with google maps at the same time. No change after updating both phone software and Tomtom app. I got the new app, but I don't like it. I liked the old one, I paid for it and I want to keep it! Can you please do something about this? It looks a bit suspicious to me, can it be that now you just want to make money on the new app you sabotage the old one? I DON'T LIKE THE NEW APP!!!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    This is a user forum. Make complaint with support:

Schweiz (Switzerland)
    08440 000 16
    Mo-Fr: 09:00-17:30
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,840 Community Manager
    Hi, my old Tomtom western Europe app has not been working properly for a while, it has trouble finding gps, doesn't show me where I am. This is definitely not a phone issue, as gps location works fine with google maps at the same time. No change after updating both phone software and Tomtom app. I got the new app, but I don't like it. I liked the old one, I paid for it and I want to keep it! Can you please do something about this? It looks a bit suspicious to me, can it be that now you just want to make money on the new app you sabotage the old one? I DON'T LIKE THE NEW APP!!!
    For me the app simply works. That's with the same map. Right after starting the app it shows me at Oosterdoksstraat here in Amsterdam.
    I recommend that you synchronise with iTunes on your computer to ensure you have a backup, remove the app from your iPhone and reinstall the app from your computer.