New GO Mobile for Android v1.14 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for Android v1.14 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.14 of the GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
- Smaller European maps: We have divided the big map of Europe in three new regions: North, Central and South. These new maps take up less space and let you drive cross-border within Europe.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko
«1

Comments

  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 362 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    ???
    Traffic messages are now in English though other text (like the labels of settings) is still in Dutch (my phone is also set to Dutch).
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi RGM71,

    Thanks for reporting this!

    I can see that on my app too. I'll report this to the product team.

    Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    We've just released a new v1.14 of the GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

    [h3]What's new?[/h3]
    - Smaller European maps: We have divided the big map of Europe in three new regions: North, Central and South. These new maps take up less space and let you drive cross-border within Europe.
    Unclear:
    1) What is the connection between the new app version and the new Europe zones? No changelog for the app itself?
    2) Have any of the previous maps such a Europe been removed?
    3) None of the new Europe zones include UK. Is this a Brexit thing?
  • goraniusgoranius Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Fix for losing voice guidance when plays music at the same time as you drive?
  • lneamlneam Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi,
    I want to report for this version, it continue crash when running (data folder) from sdcard with exFAT format
  • nixmitnixmit Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    tgold wrote:
    2) Have any of the previous maps such a Europe been removed?
    3) None of the new Europe zones include UK. Is this a Brexit thing?

    Western Europe is/stays available in my app, including UK etc.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

    We don't publish change logs for software updates, only release notes. In these notes we list the main changes relevant to the end user.

    The new Europe map regions have been introduced in addition to the already existing ones to help customers find map cuts suitable for their use without the need to download the whole Europe map.

    The new map cuts have been made based on our earlier experience with other navigation products with which similar measures have been taken.

    Cheers, Mikko
  • gowrleagowrlea Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've just received my new phone, a OnePlus 3T. It has 128Gb storage, and no external SD card. I've installed the latest version of TomTom Go, and it simply won't start. The "Loading App" message appears, but then the app disappears from the screen. Is it possible to download the older version, to see if that works? Or, do you have any other ideas? Thanks!
    Andy Gowrley
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    We don't publish change logs for software updates, only release notes. In these notes we list the main changes relevant to the end user.

    The new Europe map regions have been introduced in addition to the already existing ones to help customers find map cuts suitable for their use without the need to download the whole Europe map.

    The new map cuts have been made based on our earlier experience with other navigation products with which similar measures have been taken.
    Whether you call it a changelog or release notes, there has been no mention of any change in features, performance or bug resolutions in this newest version. What if anything is different between v1.13 and v1.14?

    The offer of three new map cuts is certainly worthy of an announcement but I see no connection between the new maps and the new version of the app other than that they coincided in time. Thank you for clarifying that none of the older cuts has been withdrawn.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    RGM71 wrote:
    ???
    Traffic messages are now in English though other text (like the labels of settings) is still in Dutch (my phone is also set to Dutch).
    This update is not only useless but furthermore buggy. Also in the German version all traffic announcements are in English.

    2e95259c-70d9-4c40-b52b-446b5f9cd6c5.jpg
  • BaminOKBaminOK Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Are the maps from my existing Tom Tom account accessible thru the app? or do I need to purchase separate ones for that?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    BaminOK wrote:
    Are the maps from my existing Tom Tom account accessible thru the app? or do I need to purchase separate ones for that?
    You can not use maps bought for a navigation device. But anyway all map for the smartphone app are free and you can download as many as you want and as often as you want. You only need to pay money if you want to pay for a subscription to unlimited navigation, which means a license to use the app in navigation for more than 50 miles per month.
  • grahamjgrahamj Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have exactly the same issue on a Motorola Moto G Play.

    App will not start - just sticks at "loading app".

    Looks like TomTom haven't tested the update.
  • jmorenojmoreno Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    No traffic. Never update. Good version is 1.12. Wait more time to buy. Everything must works always.
  • grahamjgrahamj Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have been discussing this on another thread. Looks like the problem has been going back over 18 months with no real fix on offer from TomTom.

    I've just bought CoPilot on my android phone and it is working perfectly.

    The solution is easy. Say bye-bye to tomtom
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Release 1.14.1 available for download

    - Correct translations for the TomTom Traffic incidents on the map
    - Bug fixes and improvements

    52ebf25a-1bfb-4733-94ec-8a88551d6c18.jpg
    b9e0e158-28b1-4725-b33f-b967bfb90d95.jpg
  • digital3540digital3540 Posts: 55 [Outstanding Explorer]
    How to get the version 1.14.1 mine is 1.14 and having English traffic text. There seems to be no updates on play
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

    The v1.14.1 update is being released in phases. The last I hear it was released to 20 % of users. I'll post back here when it's available for everyone.

    Cheers, Mikko
  • avlieropavlierop Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Since v1.14.1 I have no traffic at all when I use my data connection. Traffic works while using wifi. In earlier versions it worked well.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

    v1.14.1 has now been rolled out for everyone :D

    @ avlierop: I'd recommend you to re-install the app to make sure something didn't go wrong with the update. Should that not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

    Cheers, Mikko
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    avlierop wrote:
    Since v1.14.1 I have no traffic at all when I use my data connection. Traffic works while using wifi. In earlier versions it worked well.
    I had a similar problem on one of my devices. Turning the traffic service off and on solved it. You should try this before reinstalling the app.
  • avlieropavlierop Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thank you for your quick response.
    I just tried your sollution but it did not work.
  • bvannierbvannier Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Nothing solved...
    Run V1.12, perfect.
    Update 1.14.1 perfect at the beginning, reboot and no more traficinfo and tomtom services.
    A PITY
    Lg v10 H960A, marsmallow, french carrier SFR
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

    The v1.14.1 only addressed the issue with Traffic notification translations. Unfortunately, the other issues have to be addressed in a future release. Please, see the separate topics about the here for troubleshooting tips and workarounds.

    We're working hard to get the other issues fixed as soon as possible as well. I'll keep you posted.

    Cheers, Mikko
  • jefken153jefken153 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    nothing changed with update 1.14.1
    still no connection for belgian people
    Why dear friends in Holland?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online23

23 Guests