GO App and borders -W-Europe- Route planning across country border — TomTom Community

GO App and borders -W-Europe- Route planning across country border

WwwimWwwim Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
Is it already possible with the Go app for iPhone to plan a route to a destination in another European country, without installing the whole Western Europe map? I was earlier this year forced to install the big Western Europe map, and I'm waiting now for hours for the installation of the update. Twice the update crashed.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Wim,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your feedback!

I'll log this to be reported to the product team.

I'd recommend you to report your map installation issue to Customer Service should you run into it again. They'll be best able to asses the problem and advise you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • WwwimWwwim Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi MikkoK,
    thanks for your response. But my question is still open: I live in Holland and when I want to find a destination in, lets say, Germany, can the Go app cross the border when I don't have the whole West Europe map installed, only the map for my home country and Germany?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Wwwim wrote:
    ..., can the Go app cross the border when I don't have the whole West Europe map installed, only the map for my home country and Germany?
    No, the Go app can not ... apart from the fact that neither a map of the Netherlands nor of Germany exists.
    Well, there is, I believe, a map of the Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg and one for Germany/Austria/Switzerland. It is strange that, when you have got both maps in Go Mobile, the app can not find a place in Germany from a Dutch address.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    It is a fact since ever TomTom exists. So it's a useless debate.
    Strange way of thinking. I didn't know that this was a fact. But facts can change. But please don't respond, you have been to kind allready.