Runner 2 stops recording activity after about 20 minutes — TomTom Community

Runner 2 stops recording activity after about 20 minutes

HollandiaHollandia Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi there,

I mostly use the runner 2 with the treadmill or freestyle activity for recording HR when i'm doing fitness exercises.
After updating from v1.3.160 to v1.3.250 my runner 2 cardio stops recording the selected activity after about 20 minutes.

I already have reset the Runner 2 to factory settings but to no avail.
When exercising i am carefull not to accidentally touch the menu-button on the runner 2.
I also shut off all the training modes as suggested in another post:
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/runner-2-watch-stops-recording-1011697

Is there a way to revert to a previous version or a specific setting i have perhaps overlooked?

Hopefully there is a solution, it is a bit difficult to cram a hour long exercise into 20 minutes ;)

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,345
    Superusers
    Hollandia wrote:
    Hi there,

I mostly use the runner 2 with the treadmill or freestyle activity for recording HR when i'm doing fitness exercises.
    After updating from v1.3.160 to v1.3.250 my runner 2 cardio stops recording the selected activity after about 20 minutes.

I already have reset the Runner 2 to factory settings but to no avail.
    When exercising i am carefull not to accidentally touch the menu-button on the runner 2.
    I also shut off all the training modes as suggested in another post:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/runner-2-watch-stops-recording-1011697

Is there a way to revert to a previous version or a specific setting i have perhaps overlooked?

Hopefully there is a solution, it is a bit difficult to cram a hour long exercise into 20 minutes ;)

There is no way to rollback the firmware and this is not normal behavior. I have not seen any other comments about it on here so you are best off calling Customer Support and having them dig into it and determine if it is a hardware issue. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HollandiaHollandia Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello tfarabaugh,

Thank you for your reply.
    I will contact tomtom support this week and update this post (hopefully with a fix).

Cheers, Hollandia.
    Called TomTom support and they will examine the runner. WIll probably take 1 / 2 weeks.

Cheers, Hollandia
    TomTom support acknowledged the runner 2 was defect and have sent me a refurbished model :)
    Case closed as they say.
  • BVBVBVBV Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've had the same issue with TomTom runner 3