Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app? - Page 9 — TomTom Community

Which features will be added in the future to the GO Mobile for iPhone app?

Comments

• Scott ChapinScott Chapin Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    That's it's only saving grace. The lack of "navigate via" is really debilitating. The lack of a route instructions list is also sad. I don't want to watch a 12 hour route video in real time to check the route.

Not as bad, but annoying in the USA anyway is remaining distance readouts rounded to the nearest mile, except when close to your destination. My odometer is in tenths of a mile. Remaining distance should be too.
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    leebo62 wrote:
    "Free" apps like Waze require cellular data to function, TomTom does not. That is the main reason to have the TomTom app.

For ex I am not comparing it to free "online" options but to their old app. And almost all functions except basic navigation requires connectivity in new Tom Tom app also - traffic, avoiding blocked roads and most important - speed cameras! Since there is no option to load our POIs you need internet anyways.

What we are complaining about is the lack of BASIC features that are part of "any" navigation app out there. For me it is POIs, "via" or stops, alternative routes, etc.
  • kylelliskylellis Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any update on when these features will be added?
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    They do not give any timeframe.. Been saying that it is on "to-do" list but looking at the pace that development goes now it may as well be 1 year or never.
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 50 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    For long time Tom tom go fan it's a shame that I have tried Sygic new iOS app and it blows away what tomtom has to offer. It's a pity but I needed something reliable.
  • HarryAinslieHarryAinslie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please link with Apple Watch and include the ability to use the vibrate on the watch to let you know the next command is close.

Just like Apple maps does
  • JDMWJDMW Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    LIST - much missed feature from previous version. And PLEASE offer seperwtec USA and CANADA maps. ALSO - would be nice if regional maps within a country or hemisphere could be linked .
  • VextasyVextasy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'd like the the current speed added to the app. The old app shows it and it is the feature that is stopping me from moving to the new app. I know cars have a speedometer, but having the more accurate speed on the GPS device is useful. Also, when I get a speed camera warning, it is nice to be able to see the current speed alongside the speed limit and both in the one place.
    The speed limit and current speed are there. At least they are in the USA maps.
  • JDMWJDMW Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The new version has a nice look, but I prefer the old version .
  • ArsenalFCArsenalFC Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have an iphone with mobile go, I have a Samsung s7 edge, the latest iphone version is missing so much, the android version has, save route, alternative, avoid part of route, WTF. Is going on?
    @arsenalfc - This is what we can't understand. Mikko is just copying and pasting the same answers here. We have no one else from the TomTom development team saying
    Anything about what's happening and why is the the iPhone version is so inferior to the android version. At the moment I'm using 3 navigation system on my iPhone Sygic, old tomtom as Go. the old version keep crashing and seems confused and just quits out now after the last iOS beta version so unsure if tomtom will update it soon. Sygic is ok but I prefer tomtom and Go is just basic ok for basic travel but can't use for advance travel.
  • JJ_NLJJ_NL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there a possibility to give the community some insight on which features will be available in the next version of the TomTom GO Mobile app for IOS. Perhaps share the product roadmap?

I can understand that the development the app does not have the highest priority within the organisation, but you can probably understand that the community is disappointed that not all of key features that were mentioned 8 months ago still haven't been added (eg. Waypoints and Alternative Routes).

Thank you in advance.
    Don't forget vias and route listing.
    Apple Comes Second now.
    Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. The reference number for your query is 161115-xxxxxx.

I want to first apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

I understand from your email that you have S7 Edge and iPhone 7, you have the App on both phones, the android version has everything like avoid route, save route, alternative route, many more features but in iPhone App you don't have this feature.

I apologize for the inconvenience which may have caused.

I would like to inform you that the Android App was released about 18 months ago and the iPhone App was released 2 months ago.

I understand that iPhone does not have the feature as the App in Android, however with the feature updates gradually all the features will be added to the iPhone App.

If you need further assistance or have any more queries, please feel free to call us on 02079490134 or simply reply to this e-mail and we will be more than happy to help.
    Our working hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

With Best regards,
    TomTom Customer Support

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum!
    iPhone was r
    iPhone was released way more than two months ago. I got mine in March 2016. Sorry I cannot delete my erroneous post.
    I know I had mine around then, I just couldn't be bothered to mention that as they take months to reply, they don't seem to care anymore, more concerned with stand alone units.
  • afconeafcone Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    "I would like to inform you that the Android App was released about 18 months ago and the iPhone App was released 2 months ago."

Version 1.0.2 was released on 11th February 2016. So more like 10 months ago. I think the representative is confusing it with Version 1.4, which was released the beginning of October. An easy mistake to make, given that Version 1.4 barely differs from Version 1.0.2 in terms of functionality.
  • FritsnFritsn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Need 2D, North-up map while driving !
    I'm putting 2 fingers up in the air for reaching home a hr late after testing again this app. It just doesn't work like the old app. It took me the longest route possible I had to change to the old app whilst driving and was too late to get off the dual carriage way. I don't know why i tried the app after putting it down for over a month. Shame u Sirs ........
  • ecuadorpeteecuadorpete Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    9 months after launch, so much still needs work:

1. Sort out the fact that the app is about 2 seconds behind where you are on the road - never missed a junction with the old app, now I do with the new app

2. Sort out route options with all the old functionality - alternative route, minimise delays, avoid roadblock... Google Maps and Apple Maps are way ahead with alternative routes

3. Have remaining time and distance on the screen at the same time. There's an empty black space - why....?

4. Introduce the old 'stop navigation' feature from the old app

5. Give options of different colours for the map

6. Give options of removing useless menu items that I never use and reordering so useful things are neaar the top.

I'm grateful for a 3 year free subscription, but unless most of these are sorted out, there's no way I'll pay for the app when the 3 years run out. It's nothing compared to the old one.
  • Tim81Tim81 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom should be ashamed of them self. When the app was launched I actually was very happy with it. I liked the design and found it working pretty well. Especially how it create alternative routes during trafficjams. That is a function all other competitors are not as good in as TomTom is. I quickly decided to buy a 1-year subscription. Too soon I realized.

Basic function are still missing, why is it so hard for TT to make an option to select from different routes? They already have it in their dedicated TT-devices and the Androidapp, and it was in the old app. You can't tell me that this is because of iOS. I'm sure an experience developmentteam can easly implement the option on iOs if it is already out there. Also the option creating a route mydrive (webpage) and sent it to my device is still missing. If I want to drive to a destination via a route that isn't the most desireable route according to TT I have to constantly put in destination along the route. Off course trafficinformation is useless then because it doesn't look further than the typed in destination. Making the app useless most of the time. The only moment I still use the app is when I'm abroad and have limited data available. Otherwise I'm forced to use Google Maps.

I'm pretty sure someone from TomTom will thank me for the feedback or something like that but to be honest, I don't care. I feel like I'have paid €20 for a pre-alpha product. Luckily in the summer roamingcosts will be banned in the EU so I can just Google or Apple maps when I'm abroad. I'm sure I will not buy another 1-year subscription. It would be a nice gesture if TT would extend the license of people who bought the license for free with another year, although I do not expect it to happen.
  • EMP83EMP83 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    You're damn right Sir.