LIVE Services not active - what to do? — TomTom Community

LIVE Services not active - what to do?

ruanrapruanrap Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 30 in Built in car navigation
Hello,

I recently purchase the LIVE Services Europe & South Africa – 1 year (44.50 GBP) subscription for my in-built Carminat TomTom on my Renault Megane.

The service has not been activated. I have connected the SD Card to my MacBook Pro (MacOS Sierra) with the TomTom Home software, but there is no option with LIVE Services as it said on the confirmation email with the instructions I received after purchase.

The purchase was done on 25/10 and I waited the 36h as suggested on the email for the services to be active. However, nothing happened.

Please help!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Call support Monday then:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • ruanrapruanrap Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks! Is there anything else that can be done besides giving TomTom a call? Any idea why the LIVE subscription doesn't get activated just by syncing with the computer?
    Again, thanks for your help!

I do have the green sign for the traffic, but everything else is not active. See below.
    any other ideas? perhaps I should reset the device?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Think you'll need to get support to reactivate the sim card as no values are shown in your screenshot.
  • Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 1,918 [Revered Pioneer]
    HI dhn,

I think he has later covered the SIM-Card-Information with a black square ;)

Regards

Troubadix12
    After sending an email to TomTom, this issue has finally been solved. The SIM card had been deactivated and they had to re-activate it on their servers. Overall, after sending the email, everything got sorted in less than 48h. Happy with the service from TomTom! Well done!
    Cheers everything and thanks for your help!
  • dazlyn2016dazlyn2016 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HI where did you find the email address to contact tom tom, i have the same problem purchased the live services and it not working
  • truesdaletruesdale Posts: 28 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi Dazlyn2016. Telephone support Monday who I'm sure will be able to assist your difficulty. United Kingdom 02079 490 134 mon -- fri 9am - 5.30pm