Updating Sony XAV-602BT

Nomad226Nomad226 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Map purchasing
I recently bought a 2014 model year vehicle with the Sony xav-602bt with TomTom nav. A message came on that the maps had not been updated in 44 months. When i went to the TomTom site to order a new map it asks for the TomTom model number. to determine whether it has sufficient storage space for the map I chose ( US & CANADA camping). I can't find that info anywhere. The manual i downloaded from Sony says it has an SD chip but i could not find it and neither could the Best Buy tech who installed the SiriusXM add-on. It does have a USB Port.

Does any one know the capacity of the unit? can I just download the map of choice to a thud Drive and use the USB port on the unit and complete the upgrade that way?I don't want to spend $99.00 and find I cannot update the XAV-602BT.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Nomad226

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @Nomad226

Serial Number Location: On the bottom of the unit.

See this FAQ HOW DO I DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL A MAP ON MY SONY XAV?
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Nomad226Nomad226 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very very much for your reply. I have followed the instructions on the FAQ I am on my way to update XAV unit right now. Again thanks very much I had just stumbled upon this when I read your response. Thanks again,

Nomad 226 :D
    @Nomad226

Glad that you able to update your unit
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Nomad226Nomad226 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    AS it turns out, I failed in my effort. There is no sd card in my unit. I have scrutinized every inch of it. There is only the USB port on the front panel and nothing on the back or sides that I could find. No serial # on the bottom either, unless I have to pull the whole unit out of the dash!?

I'm thinking of downloading TomTom's software to a laptop and then hooking up to the USB port on the unit, but the downside is I will have to pay for a map and I don't know that it will work. This must have been an early version of thesis Sony unit?
    Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Nomad226