TomTom doesnt recognise my street properly.

Zola365Zola365 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited November 2017 in Map quality
My TomTom is good for most things, but it struggles with my address.

I live in an area that is well populated, but even when I am on my street about 400m from my house, my TomTom will try to take me up and round another street, which is completely out of the way, and clearly not the quickest or shortest way by any means at all.

Can anyone advise what I can do to fix this? I am not in any danger of not finding my own house, but its making me wonder what else its screwing up with?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,525 Superuser
    @Zola365

You are not on one of those Belfast estates that use the same name for a street over several miles but they are not contiguous, by any chance?
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Zola365Zola365 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Niall,

How did you know I was Belfast? Spooky!

No, our street in question is in the Four Winds area, the street is only about 400m long at the very most.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,525 Superuser
    @Zola365

Google is your friend ;)
    Looking at the map of the estate around "The Four Winds" I suspect there is a mapping error on some of the street names :( I.E. with having Glenholm Drive next to Glenholm Av with the looping Glenholm Cresent and Glenholm Park in the mix, or Glendale Ave N, S, E and W. What a nightmare with many more street names so similar next to each other and many are non-contiguous.

To fix this will need a screen with the route planner in one tab and the map change reporter in another, then trying multiple routes though this maze and reporting all the glitches
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"