Live Service on XL IQ Routes ² — TomTom Community

Live Service on XL IQ Routes ²

ubbyuubbyu Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Hi everyone

I use XL IQ Routes ² (serial number GVxxxxxxxxxx),i bought it with a Traffic Receiver RDS-TMC Charger, included in the original package.

When i check on your page, using the GV letter, it tells me that it is not supported. But when i connect the device with the Traffic Receiver Charger it shows the traffic bar info on the left site of the screen and the device begins to look for traffic data. The traffic info bar looks much similar to this one on the screenshot . There is also a traffic icon in the device menu.

My question is, if it does support the Live Service?

Thank you

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,570 Superuser
    @ubbyu

A XL IQ Routes ² does not have an internal sim card therefore does not support the Live Service
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • ubbyuubbyu Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you

and what is the function of Traffic RDS-TMC Receiver Charger, and why there is an traffic bar info ?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,570 Superuser
    @ubbyu

I take it that you bought your device in Europe where there is traffic info carried on FM radio, RDS-TMC is in its infancy in Brazil with very restricted coverage

For more details see this old comparison between 'Traffic' and RDS-TMC
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"