Refund for the purchased map

ArtGPSArtGPS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Map purchasing
Recently purchased a map update. My GPS (tomtom one 3rd edition) does not have a memory card so the update can't be installed because there is not enough memory! Can I get a refund on this purchase as it is useless to me now?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    ArtGPS wrote:
    Recently purchased a map update. My GPS (tomtom one 3rd edition) does not have a memory card so the update can't be installed because there is not enough memory! Can I get a refund on this purchase as it is useless to me now?

You need to call Customer Support to get it sorted out. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Remember that on every mapshop page there's a statement:-
    Device compatibility
    In case your device does not have enough memory, you always have the option of installing a section of your map, called a Map Zone. You can switch between the available zones for your map at any time without additional cost.

Also see here:- http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12185
  • ArtGPSArtGPS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried loading a section of the map...still not enough memory! Should have had a notice when I ordered the map update warning about needed space on my particular model and that there was no memory card for that model!! If I had known ahead of time, I never would have ordered the map. It is now made nearly impossible to request a refund....There is no place to claim refund on the site that I can find!
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    ArtGPS wrote:
    I tried loading a section of the map...still not enough memory! Should have had a notice when I ordered the map update warning about needed space on my particular model and that there was no memory card for that model!! If I had known ahead of time, I never would have ordered the map. It is now made nearly impossible to request a refund....There is no place to claim refund on the site that I can find!

Call support:-
    Canada (en)
    +1 866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 09:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST

Canada (fr)
    +1 888 301 0690
    lundi-vendredi: 06h00-11h30 EDT

United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST