GO 5000 Europe v9.80 Map Corrupted, constantly fails to install, GO is now a paperweight

SmashRobotSmashRobot Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map installation
Hi, all. I received my notification that a new map for Europe (v9.80) is available for download. I did everything normally, opening MyDrive connect on my Windows laptop, connecting my GO5000 via the same USB cable I always use and instructed the software to do its stuff. There were also updates for Cameras and MapShare data, which seemed to have installed correctly. I am now being told that the map is corrupted, and am offered the options to install on the device (it is too big), install on SD Card (where it has always been) or to Repair. Clicking Repair simply takes me back through the same installation loop, where the map already appears to be downloaded in the background, and it starts attempting to update the GO. It gets to about 50% then says update failed. I also now have no maps at all on the GO, so it is kind of useless, but useless in that really bad, mocking kind of way that only broken tech can be. I followed instructions elsewhere to delete the HOME3 folder in my AppData, but that didn't seem to remove the downloaded copy of the map, as it still just jumps to device update rather than downloading. I have a steady 21Mb connection and no issues with any other devices connected to my wifi. Can anyone assist at all???

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    Call support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Killer-smurfKiller-smurf Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    i have same problem SmashRobot. I try many times and that say same all time. And i have try update from my computer and that say same to. so im sure the new map update have problem :(
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    TomTom has pulled the map from the servers because of difficulties.
  • terry_wagstaffterry_wagstaff Posts: 31 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    dhn

TomTom do not seem to have pulled the map (your post 1 hour ago). I am still being offered the Europe update!

Anyone know whether this is the corrupted one or the corrected one?

Terry
  • A-Tad-AnnoyedA-Tad-Annoyed Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi All,

Some sort of email to all users or a webpage banner would be a good idea.

Not only do I have a GO 6100 that is currently not working but I have spent considerable time retrying after failed attempts.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Please, see here the latest about this issue.

Cheers, Mikko
    Alternatives are Google maps, Navmii, Apple maps. all run on smartphones.

These all seem to work really well now so maybe don't need to pay for TOMTOM services.
    Still no advice on their webpage, you need to ring customer services and ask for a solution. They should be able to give access to different versions (individual countries with out buildings) that don't have the same issues.
    United Kingdom : 02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.