Europe map v9.80 - How to install full map on SD card (to large for internal)?

RubachRubach Posts: 241 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
edited January 11 in Map installation
MyDriveConnect says the new map is to large for the internal memory on my Go 5100. Informs that I need to put the map on SD card if i would like the complete map....or i could skip 3-d buildings....or skip Russia.
But I would very much like to have the full new map with 3-D buildings and also including Russia.
How do I go about installing this on my SD card and leaving nothing on internal?? Is that even possible?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,505 Superuser
    @Rubach

You will need to format your SDHC card before you can then install to whole map on it see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-microsdhc-card-990256
    If you take the card out you can also install your local zone for quicker performance while driving in that zone
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • RubachRubach Posts: 241 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Thank U Niall. But the card is already recognised in MyDriveConnect so I guess it is ready to go. Now, how do I remove the 9,75 version from internal memory in order to install the update onto the SD card - in order to have the complete 980?
  • the Maverickthe Maverick Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    If you are trying today (22/11/2016 to download Europe and or USA large files, because currently they will fail. Tomorrow, after 24 hours you may have success. This applies to both GO5x00 and GO6X00 versions. The other map downloads are fine.

I have only posted this to save you time and not worry that your units are not working. The maps are currently corrupt, like they were in the previous version 975
  • Tom700bjcTom700bjc Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks _ I was beginning to worry after 5 hrs of trying and restarting!!!!
  • FulwellFulwell Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Tom700bjc wrote:
    Thanks _ I was beginning to worry after 5 hrs of trying and restarting!!!!

Thanks from me too - installation has stalled on 90% (Go5000).
  • bigbig Posts: 1,532 Superuser
    If you are trying today (22/11/2016 to download Europe and or USA large files, because currently they will fail.
    I had no issues installing the USA 9.80 map. Perhaps because I was using US servers?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,135 Superusers
    Definitely issues with the European maps. They've been rolled back.
  • Johnm666Johnm666 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why can't they put a message on the computer screen explaining that it's their problem and not a fault with my satnav? I spent several hours trying to update and wishing that I had stayed with Garmin.
  • A-Tad-AnnoyedA-Tad-Annoyed Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Some sort of email to all users or a webpage banner would be a good idea.

Not only do I have a GO 6100 that is currently not working but I have spent considerable time retrying after failed attempts.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Please, see here for the latest about the issue with some v980 maps.

Cheers, Mikko
  • barcode47barcode47 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Map also does not load onto the go 50
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,505 Superuser
    When will TomTom learn!!

They should have pulled this update to ALL NAV4 devices at 12:00GMT !!
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • A-Tad-AnnoyedA-Tad-Annoyed Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Still no advice on their webpage, you need to ring customer services and ask for a solution. They should be able to give access to different versions (individual countries with out buildings) that don't have the same issues.
    United Kingdom: 02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.