Unable to migrate OV2 POIs from TomTom MyDrive My Places onto Pro 5150 Truck (Not Syncing?) — TomTom Community

Unable to migrate OV2 POIs from TomTom MyDrive My Places onto Pro 5150 Truck (Not Syncing?)

landyachtlandyacht Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help, please?

I am having trouble getting OV2 POIs from TomTom MyDrive (i.e. the web page) on my PC to my TomTom Pro 5150 Truck. I have 2,508MB memory available and successfully updated both software and maps yesterday using MyDrive Connect (i.e. the app downloaded to my PC).

I am logged into my TomTom account on the PC, have imported the POIs, and can see them in the MyPlaces section of MyDrive.

I am logged in to MyDrive on my PC, and into TomTom Services on the 5150. My TomTom is plugged into the PC using a brand new genuine TomTom cable.

Nothing is happening. Is it supposed to sync automatically? I've tried logging out/switching everything off and on again! I've even tried a "drum reset" that I saw advised elsewhere on here and that hasn't helped either. I still can't see my three new POI sets in Main Menu / Settings / Show POI on Map when I look...

We're headed off on a trip tomorrow and I'd really like all these POIs that I have bought and paid for to be available to use, otherwise we're going to have problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice...

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,212 Superusers
    Hi landyacht

The 5150 Truck is one of the previous NAV3 devices.....
    The syncing of POIs, Routes, Favorites etc.. through the MyDrive Website is for the NAV4 devices only

PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE Reference Guide.....
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/PRO_5150_TRUCK_LIVE/manual.htm

Get the latest MyDrive Connect Here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted

If you’re running the latest MyDrive Connect… The menu has changed slightly.....
    With your device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    With MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    [h3]RIGHT CLICK[/h3] On the Tomtom Icon on the PC Taskbar
    Then…Click on the Link in the Menu to open the "Manage Community Content"

Note... If you're using Hidden Icons on your PC's Task Bar
    Click on the up arrow Icon on the task bar to access the Tomtom Icon
    bd4428ef-8606-4d8b-a4d8-f3b613829c17.png
    The below image is 2X normal size
    a2ace3b6-4fa2-4183-8ca3-1fefe26b9961.png

OR
    Direct web Address link to "Manage Community Content"

http://169.254.255.1/pcmi/?locale=en_gb
    With you device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    With MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    Click on the Link above to open the "Manage Community Content" page

Then install your .Ov2 and associated .bmp file Here.....

aca811fa-8513-49df-8494-4e69892b73f0.pngATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi landyacht

The syncing of POIs, Routes, Favorites etc.. through MyDrive Connect is for NAV4 devices only
    ATB YFM
    Hi
    One hour, edit limit... GRRRRRRR
    Should read.....
    The syncing of POIs, Routes, Favorites etc.. through the MyDrive Website is for the NAV4 devices only

ATB YFM
  • landyachtlandyacht Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Many thanks for that advice YamFazMan, I'm very pleased to say that it worked, thank you, with the result that our trip was much less stressful for me (the driver).

Having managed to get the various OV2 files that I purchased onto my device, I drove around using them. When doing so, I found an error in one of the POIs in a OV2 file. AFAICS I can't correct it there (either locally or for others) so I saved the correct location as a Favourite. This worked OK in that, while we were travelling, I was able to get back to this location when I needed to. Obviously though I'd like to share this correction with the publisher of the OV2, so that others can benefit too (it's supposed to be Community Content, right...).

Which brings me to my next question: How do I get that Favourite I created off my 5150 and onto my PC, so I can email it over to the publisher. I can see how to download OV2 files to my PC (as per your advice above) but that doesn't seem to give access to my Favourites. So how do I get to them, please?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again for your help.
    Hi
    Glad you're sorted
    Follow the method in my post to open the main "Manage Community Content" Screen
    Then Scroll to the top of the window to the Favorites.Ov2 and Click on "Copy to computer"

08d4b9ac-1bb6-4c45-b5c8-499c8f16f665.png ATB YFM
  • landyachtlandyacht Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    That's great, thank you again.

The only problem I can foresee now is that I must share ALL my personal Favourites with the publisher, including very personal stuff like my home and friends' homes, because they're all together in the same file. Unless TomTom offers a tool or other method to extract just the one I need (and wish) to share. Do you know if there is such a thing?
    Hi
    There are many POI editors available, Web base or Stand alone programs
    (Google "POI editor")
    I use the free version of Softops POI editor
    Download the Softop POI editor….. http://softop.tomtomusers.com/TomPoiEdr/
    To a folder on your desktop; open the folder and unzip the file.
    Run the TomPoiEdrEn.exe file; you should now have the SoftTop POI editor running.
    Drag & Drop your Favorites.Ov2 file into theSoftTop POI editor

Scroll down this page for the instructions for using the Softops POI editor : here.....
    http://softop.tomtomusers.com/TomPoiEdr/

ATB YFM

Note... The development SoftTop POI editor has stopped as you can no longer access Google Earth or Maps from within the program and the author does not reply to Email