New GO Mobile for Android v1.13.2 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for Android v1.13.2 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.13.2 of the GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
• Performance improvements and fixes

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• davec321ttdavec321tt Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Good afternoon,

I have been unable to connect to Live Traffic since the last update v1.13.1.
    This update hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.
    I've tried logging out and back in, turning 'Traffic and Speed Cameras' service off and on, restarting the app and the phone, but no luck.
    Can you offer any advice please as rely on this heavily?

Many thanks,
    Dave
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, report this to Customer Service for further investigation.

Cheers, Mikko
  • DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    davec321tt wrote:
    Good afternoon,

I have been unable to connect to Live Traffic since the last update v1.13.1.
    This update hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.
    I've tried logging out and back in, turning 'Traffic and Speed Cameras' service off and on, restarting the app and the phone, but no luck.
    Can you offer any advice please as rely on this heavily?
    Many thanks,
    Dave

Same problem here :(
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Same here! No traffic info at all on my Galaxy S6.
    1.13.1 was working just fine.
  • harsh1311harsh1311 Posts: 196 [Supreme Navigator]
    I had the same issue. I did manage to fix it by toggling the traffic and speed camera OFF and then back ON under tomtom services menu item. I think somehow the setting do not persist once one upgrades to 1.13.2 causing this issue
    Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this!

We're currently investigating this issue. Please, contact Customer Service. They can log your details to help with the investigation as well as keep you up-to-date about it.

Cheers, Mikko
    harsh1311 wrote:
    I had the same issue. I did manage to fix it by toggling the traffic and speed camera OFF and then back ON under tomtom services menu item. I think somehow the setting do not persist once one upgrades to 1.13.2 causing this issue
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me.
    I've reported to Customer Services as advised and waiting to hear back.
  • UrielUriel Posts: 598 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I'm also on 1.13.2 and had no live traffic during rush hour this morning. Checked it a little after 9am and it was working.
    Uriel wrote:
    I'm also on 13.2 and had no live traffic during rush hour this morning. Checked it a little after 9am and it was working.
    Thanks for posting. I've just checked it again and it's now working. Must have been an issue at the Tomtom end.
    Cheers,
    Dave
  • MarisMaris Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Kiitos!
  • Michael369Michael369 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I habe the 1.13.2 as well after days of no connection to tomtom server. I was happy today morning bc it worked for an hour on my way to work. But now it is dead again. My mate has the same app, but it's version 1.12. We just driving home from work. Funnily he has the HD Traffic for all the last days when I hadn't. He making fun if me. Because he blocks auto updates and I don't.
  • Tel911Tel911 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi I had this problem and tried resetting the app through the settings menu fixed it for me on wifi and mobile data
    Will see if it continues to work
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your feedback regarding the connectivity issue!

Please, see here for more about that issue and what kind of information would help us investigate it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • GetThereGLGetThereGL Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Lately had a trip and used this app. The power consumption wass extremely high and the charger can't not keep up causing continuous draining of battery.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    GetThereGL wrote:
    Lately had a trip and used this app. The power consumption wass extremely high and the charger can't not keep up causing continuous draining of battery.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/search?q=drain+battery&forum=156
  • GetThereGLGetThereGL Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks, EthoZ. Seems the root cause still is this Go app. High rate charger/cable is only a temporary solution on user end. TomTom is losing ground.
  • PaskaaaaaaPaskaaaaaa Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Päivitykset on pelkkää Paskaa. Vaihtakaa Garmin:iin ja toimii
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    GetThereGL wrote:
    Thanks, EthoZ. Seems the root cause still is this Go app. High rate charger/cable is only a temporary solution on user end. TomTom is losing ground.

By FAR, the biggest drain on modern smart phone batteries is the display. If you do not have an in-car charger that is correctly matched to the phone charging technology, then the charge rate will be extremely poor when the display is on. Add a few apps into the mix and the battery drain will exceed the charge rate.

Yes, TomTom is a battery hog, but this only becomes an issue if the in-car charging setup is not matched to the phone. This is not a temporarary solution, it is the ONLY solution.
  • Tel911Tel911 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am using a galaxy S7 Edge and found battery drain a problem so I purchased a high output usb adapter and now the phone charges while I am using the app
  • NukeThemAllNukeThemAll Posts: 52 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Indeed: see also the discussion:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-android-156/17-1060-battery-draining-issue-back-again-989785/index2.html#post1054127

All you need is a decent charger AND - this is important - a 'charge-only' cable.
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback!

If you're experiencing excessive power usage with the GO Mobile app, please check out the power saving settings [user manual] of the app.

Cheers, Mikko
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Sorry to say MikkoK but that's no answer at all.
    TT advertises all sort of fantastic functionality, the use pays for it, and you advise to disable it.

Just the fact that a charger is needed is questionable. True in a car it's no big issue. But TT also sells GO to route walking or biking trips.
    Hi cruiZer,

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I wasn't asking you to turn the power saving settings off but the try them out to see if they help you ;)

When walking or biking you won't be needed TomTom Traffic so you could turn it off to save some power as well.

Cheers, Mikko
  • lneamlneam Posts: 56 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi MikkoK,

back to year 2012 I had use to one Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Android 2.3.4 (1 core CPU 1GHz, 512MB RAM, 1GB ROM=320MB free to user) the previous tomtom navigation software from playstore for a couple of times. A very light application and I need to congratulate the programmers for the excellent job they made. I wish today those team to continue develop ...
  • nbay4000nbay4000 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    So I just updated earlier this morning my maps and since then I have been in touch with customer service and they don't have any answers as to why my go app wont load all I get is a grey screen with menu options but no maps. I installed 1.13.2 map update for the southeastern US I was on phone for 40 minutes and the representative told me he needed to end the call and to email him back if the problems persists or it fixes itself. We tried to reset the app and also a clean uninstall and a reinstall and still the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online25

billygehts
billygehts
lampard
lampard
+23 Guests