Alert when leave route on Runner 3 — TomTom Community

Alert when leave route on Runner 3

davidgladavidgla Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
With Tomtom Runner 3 in Route Exploration mode, does the device alert you when you leave Route?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,791 Superusers
    davidgla wrote:
    With Tomtom Runner 3 in Route Exploration mode, does the device alert you when you leave Route?

No, it is simply a breadcrumb trail that you follow, with no alerts, waypoints or any other navigational features You need to keep an eye on the watch to make sure you are not off track. I find that it is not too hard to follow and it is pretty clear when you are off track if you are watching it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • davidgladavidgla Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I need an alarm for when I ride a bike is more difficult to watch the clock. It would be nice for the next update.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,791 Superusers
    davidgla wrote:
    I need an alarm for when I ride a bike is more difficult to watch the clock. It would be nice for the next update.

Unlikely to happen as they would need to add a whole set of logic to determine when you are off course and with GPS drift you would likely get a lot of false alerts (GPS is only accurate to within 20-30m). They do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • davidgladavidgla Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you for your replies.

A few more things to consider TomTom engineers regarding exploration routes:

- I would add more zoom levels. When you get lost, in the detail screen you do not see the path and in general screen you don't apreciate where you are.
    - Once it started an activity not let you switch to other routes you have loaded on the clock.

Regards.
  • KKayKKay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Plus one on this feature and the main reason why I'm looking into buying this, disappointed to hear it's not supported. Can account for drift and battery drain by only signally when significantly off track. Would have saved me apologizing to the group about backtracking 30 minutes bushwacking with full packs when we missed the turn. Rather be enjoying the hike or ride and not staring at a tiny screen on my arm. Notifying you have to stop and check is a true value add.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    davidgla wrote:

Unlikely to happen as they would need to add a whole set of logic to determine when you are off course and with GPS drift you would likely get a lot of false alerts (GPS is only accurate to within 20-30m). They do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.