TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Bandit App doesnt work on iOS 10

2»

Comments

  • l91nnel91nne Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    can we have a eta of when this is going to be fixed please ?
  • Backin DwipadaBackin Dwipada Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Ios 10 update.......... Maybe............... ?
    I'm really needing to use my formally awesome camera next week
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    l91nne wrote:
    can we have a eta of when this is going to be fixed please ?

    On the first page, someone heard that the update was submitted to Apple a day ago so we are waiting for Apple to approve it, providing the info is correct
  • Senpai70Senpai70 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi the-civvie, thanks for answering but that limit (4GB) is simply not true (as already noted before).
    It's been YEARS since the availability of the exFAT filesystem and most of the card manufacturers provide cards formatted in exFAT that doesn't have these limitations. And "the Bandit does what others do" is simply a shameful excuse. I'd want the Bandit to be ahead of the market and not just follow... and that means also small features like this. Especially when you can decide how to apply a workaround/fix (in the firmware or in the Studio app as a join feature).
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Senpai70 wrote:
    Hi the-civvie, thanks for answering but that limit (4GB) is simply not true (as already noted before).
    It's been YEARS since the availability of the exFAT filesystem and most of the card manufacturers provide cards formatted in exFAT that doesn't have these limitations. And "the Bandit does what others do" is simply a shameful excuse. I'd want the Bandit to be ahead of the market and not just follow... and that means also small features like this. Especially when you can decide how to apply a workaround/fix (in the firmware or in the Studio app as a join feature).

    I am aware of the exfat file system, however I believe that TomTom have to rely on the lowest common denominator which is FAT. To do low level file checks adds more over head to a system and I think it is easier for TT to just cut at 4GB.

    At the end of the day it is no big thing to join the files in video editing, anyway back on topic, off to check if there is an update through as yet.
  • AvdHAvdH Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Still not working and still no update or any comments from TomTom. Perhaps it is better to drop by the TomTom hq and get an explanation. Ruijterkade 154 you will see me soon!!
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Tom sure that TomTom staff work or monitor the forums over the weekend. The last update for the Bandit to me inferred there is an update of the app coming
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi All, sorry for the delay, as pointed out already here the app is still undergoing the Apple review process, hopefully we will be able to get the update out this week.
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Chris wrote:
    Hi All, sorry for the delay, as pointed out already here the app is still undergoing the Apple review process, hopefully we will be able to get the update out this week.

    Chris, many thanks, great to hear this
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi All, we have just added the update to the App Store, apologies for the delay.
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Chris wrote:
    Hi All, we have just added the update to the App Store, apologies for the delay.

    Downloaded and can confirm working. Many thanks
  • CPGCPG Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Chris wrote:
    Hi All, we have just added the update to the App Store, apologies for the delay.

    Can you do the same for Motorola?? It's a real pain not being able to use the camera as intended!!
  • Backin DwipadaBackin Dwipada Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yippee. finally back to one of life's simple pleasures period

    Thank you Chris and
    Thank you the-civvie for helping us stay real and right through the process....
    I miss Ireland. Any of your videos online?
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    CPG wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Hi All, we have just added the update to the App Store, apologies for the delay.

    Can you do the same for Motorola?? It's a real pain not being able to use the camera as intended!!

    If it is Android, you would be better starting another tread as the TT staff may only see this as iOS
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Yippee. finally back to one of life's simple pleasures period

    Thank you Chris and
    Thank you the-civvie for helping us stay real and right through the process....
    I miss Ireland. Any of your videos online?

    Ah just trying to do me bit. Search for thecivvie on YouTube the one with the recent videos is me
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online28

Doktir2
Doktir2
s-i-g-g-i
s-i-g-g-i
+26 Guests