What is the latest firmware version?

ReviewerReviewer Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
According to the Forum the latest firmware version for Bandit is 1.57.500.
But in my camera it says 1.61.508.
Kind of confusing :-)!?!

Comments

• the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    I just plugged my battery in and there is a new firmware. Maybe it is a they have not updated the Forum as such. What's new :)
  • ReviewerReviewer Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
    OK Civvie, it appears that you and I are the first to receive a new firmware, that´s the way it should be :-)!

But its quite a jump from 1.57.500 to 1.61.508, at least in numbers because I cannot detect any difference between the two.
    Maybe Tomtom will tell us one day or maybe not, maybe there is something true in the rumor that they will discontinue the Bandit? Or maybe its The Force behind it all, "Do. Or do not. There is no Bandit!" :-)!
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Reviewer wrote:
    OK Civvie, it appears that you and I are the first to receive a new firmware, that´s the way it should be :-)!

But its quite a jump from 1.57.500 to 1.61.508, at least in numbers beacuse I cannot detect any difference between the two.
    Maybe Tomtom will tell us one day or maybe not, maybe there is something true in the rumor that they will discontinue the Bandit? Or maybe its The Force behind it all, "Do. Or do not. There is no Bandit!" :-)!

I have not seen any difference as such, though I have not been through all the settings.

I have not heard this rumour and I hope that is not the case. I would be sad to see them do that
  • mbiellambiella Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I received today the 1.57.500 firmware update, while connecting from my smartphone.
    Power off, power on the camera and the update is done. Everything seems ok.
    Connect again with the mobile app and the "new firmware available" message pops up. Fine, update again.
    New version: 1.57.500. Uhm, ok, maybe previous update was not fine. Power off, power on, update firmware, connect from smartphone and.... "new firmware available". This is not good. Newly installed firmware is 1.57.500, previous firmware was 1.57.500. Let's try this, power cycle the camera and update.
    Mmh, ok, connect again with using the mobile app: "hey, your 1.57.500 is old, here is the new firmware".
    This is definitely NOT good.

So, every time I'm connecting to the camera using my smartphone, the camera updates the SAME firmware. Every single time.

Smartphone: ASUS Zenfone2 (Z00AD) Android 5.0
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 257 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Well, the update worked fine using the Bandit Studio. Just inserted the battery stick inot the PC, clicked update, waited until it was done and inserted the battery stick into the camera again.
    Performed a reset of the camera after the update, no immediate change noticed ... Wonder what was updated, are there any release notes available somewhere ...???
    Have a nice day,
    Anders

• MHolmMHolm Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi.

For those interested, release notes for the new firmware is here: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/Bandit

Enjoy,
    Martin
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    apologies all, I usually create a blog post about this, I have created one here https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/new-software-version-161508-for-the-tomtom-bandit-available-for-download-1011902 if you have any questions about the software update you can post them there.
  • mbiellambiella Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    mbiella wrote:
    I received today the 1.57.500 firmware update, while connecting from my smartphone.
    Power off, power on the camera and the update is done. Everything seems ok.
    Connect again with the mobile app and the "new firmware available" message pops up. Fine, update again.
    New version: 1.57.500. Uhm, ok, maybe previous update was not fine. Power off, power on, update firmware, connect from smartphone and.... "new firmware available". This is not good. Newly installed firmware is 1.57.500, previous firmware was 1.57.500. Let's try this, power cycle the camera and update.
    Mmh, ok, connect again with using the mobile app: "hey, your 1.57.500 is old, here is the new firmware".
    This is definitely NOT good.

So, every time I'm connecting to the camera using my smartphone, the camera updates the SAME firmware. Every single time.

Smartphone: ASUS Zenfone2 (Z00AD) Android 5.0

Problem solved by updating with Bandit Studio.
    Everything went fine and now i'm using firmare 1.61.508