Bandit stops recording — TomTom Community

Bandit stops recording

wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
Hi,

I'm using a 64GB Samsung EVO (fast) memory card.
For the past 4 weeks the camera stops recording after some time (today after 40 minutes). sometimes does not record at all.
I've repaired the card using the built-in utility and firmatted the card as well.
After every recording I delete all the files so it's not a capacity problem.
Every 3-4 weeks I format the card.
Any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks

Comments

• wisniakwisniak Posts: 100 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I formatted the card again using the Bandit - did not help.
    I then formatted the card using the PC - did not help either. After about 10 minutes of recording, the Bandit pops up an error message saying the card is bad.
    But I noticed that the Bandit was extremely hot - is this normal? I don't recall this at all. Might this be a camera malfunction that is causing all the trouble?
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    I had a similar issue and returned the battery in question to TomTom who replaced it. They never said what the issue was
    I'll try later this week with a different memory card.
    I hope it's not the battery.
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    wisniak wrote:
    I'll try later this week with a different memory card.
    I hope it's not the battery.

Hopefully it is. I tried several cards that I had and my second battery had no issue with the memory card either
  • TrionfaleTrionfale Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had a similar problem. Bandit stop recording. No message from the camera, just sound. Once only camera requests to repair the SDcard. Card too slow? Format? Battery?
    It was the memory card...
    The camera got very hot trying to write to it.
    I formatted the card several times, in the camera as well as the PC.
    I then purchased a new Sandisk 64GB card, which turned out a dud... Returned it to the store and the new one seems to to work well. I recorded at home for ~2.5 hours w/o any problem.
  • sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I just had a problem with a Sumsung EVO 128 GB card as well. I tried to use the micro SD to SD card adapter to read the card using my computer. I didn't seem to recognize the card. I then put the card in my Bandit and attached the Batt Stick to my computer and it got really hot so I pulled it out quickly. I think tried to put the card into my Canon T5i and when I did this the card started smoking and got so hot that the card adapter and micro SD card melted a little bit.

I bet that if I left the card in the camera for much longer, there would have been a fire.