BANDIT- 32gb SD card - recording time seems low!

unrapidunrapid Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
I have a 32gb SD card and film at 1020 60fps. This is giving me about 20 minutes record time. Does this sound right, as it seems lower than I would have expected.

Some more experienced views on whether this sounds ok would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    There was a recent thread about this topic, but I can't find it now. Basically, this is a limitation of most cameras and has something to do with the largest file size that some file systems support (i.e. FAT32, EXTFAT, etc.).
  • unrapidunrapid Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for your advice sercolani. Does that mean I basically need to get a bigger capacity SD card?
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    unrapid wrote:
    I have a 32gb SD card and film at 1020 60fps. This is giving me about 20 minutes record time. Does this sound right, as it seems lower than I would have expected.
    At 1080p 60 fps on a 64GB card I get 4hrs 30 minutes of recording time. On a 32GB card I would expect to see close to half that, around 2 hours.
    Regardless of the size of your SD card and the length of time you record the FAT 32 file system that is used breaks your recordings into smaller more manageable files which is why you see recordings longer than 20 minutes split into shorter videos on your SD card.
  • unrapidunrapid Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank Chris - that makes things a bit clearer.