New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download — TomTom Community

New MySports Connect v3.0.9 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v3.0.9 of MySports Connect and it's available for download at tomtom.com/123

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • We have completely reviewed MySports Connect and gave it a fresh look and feel.
  • It is now easier to register your watch.
  • MySports Connect now uses the language that you have set on the MySports website.
  • If any activity uploads failed, the number of failures is now shown on the Settings page.
  • You can now retry any failed activity uploads by clicking Retry on the Settings page. The button is only shown when an activity upload failed.

This is how the settings button looks like:
eacd967f-258e-4ac8-a865-03fd91d5d05f.png

Happy sporting! :D

Cheers, Mikko
«13

Comments

  • StrekiStreki Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Fresh? I didnt fresh look I need user friendly app. May be your testers are crazy maybe not normal human. I need basic info like GPS actualization, simple mp3 music file manager and app which work with my W10. I must use WM emulation of Win XP to use my watch. May be better sell your products and buy MI new watch. Iam sorry this isnt good for me. :P
  • KevinMcKevinMc Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    When I click on the "TomTom MySports" link on the latest version (3.0.9) of MySports Connect it opens the URL but the page is blank until you press the F5 key or click the refresh button.

    I'm using Internet Explorer ver 11.0.9600.18427 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

    Please advise.
  • DougSunolRunnerDougSunolRunner Posts: 45 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Thanks. You just broke it. I get an error message complaining about my graphics and the program won't start at all.
  • DougSunolRunnerDougSunolRunner Posts: 45 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Better now. Had to roll back to an earlier version of my graphics driver. Works now. Still ...
  • shane from nzshane from nz Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    New interface is harder to use, missing button to access file storage location on computer. Missing menu for selecting export file/service selection. This update has significantly reduce the function of the produce originally purchased.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,317 Community Manager
    New interface is harder to use, missing button to access file storage location on computer. Missing menu for selecting export file/service selection. This update has significantly reduce the function of the produce originally purchased.
    You can choose to open that folder automatically in the settings of MySports Connect: Show new activities

    The exporters have been moved online some time ago and the button only linked there. Reason was that we needed a quicker way to adjust them in case third party websites had changed their API. We can now fix this on our server side without the need of an update of MySports Connect. You find the exporters in your settings on MySports: https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/settings/exporters/
  • New interface is harder to use, missing button to access file storage location on computer. Missing menu for selecting export file/service selection. This update has significantly reduce the function of the produce originally purchased.
    Hi. There is a known issue that there is no equivalent of the icon to open the watch directory. It is however in the same location
    [home directory]/TomTom MySports/[watch name]/
    e.g.
    C:\Users\[your user]\TomTom MySports\[watch name]

    The Settings page has a section 'Profile Settings' this takes you to your MySports account page to set-up exporters or change other settings.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,317 Community Manager
    KevinMc wrote:
    When I click on the "TomTom MySports" link on the latest version (3.0.9) of MySports Connect it opens the URL but the page is blank until you press the F5 key or click the refresh button.

    I'm using Internet Explorer ver 11.0.9600.18427 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

    Please advise.
    The team is working on a fix for this. Apologies for the inconvenience!
  • Brian MaccBrian Macc Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    At last, I have been looking all over to find out what is wrong, and wasting time trying to connect, and doing soft reset etc.

    When this sort of thing happens, you need to be upfront with people and put it on your front pages. For example have a current issues web . So that we don't have to go searching all over the forum to find out that there is a know issue....

    Not being open with the known issues you have has probably wasted hours and hours of your customers time. That is a good way to lose your customers !
  • AllegrettoAllegretto Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    issues experienced after update (and _not_ before):
    - re-export of activities by double-clicking ttbin files does not work (at least for activities which where initially exported when connect and watch update was executed, not tested for others): export to third party portals (strava and endomondo) was paused and re-enabled for re-export; behavior: connect app icon in task bar just blinks - that's it
    - ejecting device does not work - in no way: connect app just does nothing, ejecting via windows not possible for device being in use - even after connect app was stopped regularly
    - restarting connect application with connected tomtom device causes windows error message: 671103e5-b512-43d6-a023-1b9330ff84c2.png

    system: native 64-bit Win8, runner 2

    sorry, but I somehow miss the "up" in the update...
  • JthonJthon Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How do you re-export an activity with the new software?

    It seems that processing of ttbin files not longer works with this latest update.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,933 Superusers
    Jthon wrote:
    How do you re-export an activity with the new software?

    It seems that processing of ttbin files not longer works with this latest update.

    I think they are going to allow you to re-export from MySports eventually but in the meanwhile the .ttbin(s) can be named

    [home dir]/TomTom MySports/[serial]/0x00910000-0-0
    [home dir]/TomTom MySports/[serial]/0x00910001-0-0
    ..etc

    The press the Try again' button on the MySports Connect settings page (hit the gear on the top right of the screen).

    You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into the site of your choice. They all allow for manual importing.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,933 Superusers
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Jthon wrote:
    How do you re-export an activity with the new software?

    It seems that processing of ttbin files not longer works with this latest update.

    I think they are going to allow you to re-export from MySports eventually but in the meanwhile the .ttbin(s) can be named

    [home dir]/TomTom MySports/[serial]/0x00910000-0-0
    [home dir]/TomTom MySports/[serial]/0x00910001-0-0
    ..etc

    The press the Try again' button on the MySports Connect settings page (hit the gear on the top right of the screen).

    You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into the site of your choice. They all allow for manual importing.

    Also please note that after moving and renaming the ttbin files you need to shut down MSC by right clicking the tray icon and selecting exit and then reopen it to get it to find the retry files and offer the retry button.
  • Jthon wrote:
    How do you re-export an activity with the new software?

    It seems that processing of ttbin files not longer works with this latest update.
    Hi. See tfarabaugh's answer. However, out of interest can I check why you are needing to re-export? Have you added a new exporter e.g. Strava, Runkeeper etc, and you wish to send previous activities to the new exporter? I believe that's the only scenario that currently requires re-export. (and when that is added to the website the entire need for storing ttbins at all goes away).

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • bazzer007bazzer007 Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I liked to keep an archive of the .ttbin file for each of my activities (since it's the only file with cadence info) as well as (at least) the .fit and .tcx for importing into Garmin Connect and/or SportTracks. I kept the other files as well, just because I could. However, after the new update, the first time I synced I didn't find any files stored on my PC at all. Is this expected behaviour? The activity uploaded OK and I have downloaded the .fit and .tcx from the website, but that's one extra step compared to what I had to do previously.

    I synced another activity, but this time on my phone so I could keep the .ttbin file. Again, I downloaded the other files from the website but still a hassle. I want to try the PC app again, but it's a bummer if I won't be able to keep the .ttbin files. If using the PC app, should I be getting a copy of the files on my PC in the usual location?

    Also, the app insists on opening all links in Microsoft Edge, even though it is not my default browser. Is this a bug?
  • bazzer007 wrote:
    I liked to keep an archive of the .ttbin file for each of my activities (since it's the only file with cadence info) as well as (at least) the .fit and .tcx for importing into Garmin Connect and/or SportTracks. I kept the other files as well, just because I could. However, after the new update, the first time I synced I didn't find any files stored on my PC at all. Is this expected behaviour? The activity uploaded OK and I have downloaded the .fit and .tcx from the website, but that's one extra step compared to what I had to do previously.

    I synced another activity, but this time on my phone so I could keep the .ttbin file. Again, I downloaded the other files from the website but still a hassle. I want to try the PC app again, but it's a bummer if I won't be able to keep the .ttbin files. If using the PC app, should I be getting a copy of the files on my PC in the usual location?

    Also, the app insists on opening all links in Microsoft Edge, even though it is not my default browser. Is this a bug?
    Hi. There should be no need to keep ttbin files since these are an internal format file and so not of any use outside of our servers.

    I can see that the server provided the KML/TCX/etc so MySports Connect should of downloaded and saved them. If the 'Show new activities' checkbox is not ticked then MySports Connect won't automatically open the folder to the files, but they should have been saved to
    C:\Users\[your user]\TomTom MySports\[watch name]\[date]

    and in fact if they weren't then it should have said there was a problem uploaded the activity.

    If the files are not there can you use the 'Submit app data' in the Advance section of the Settings page to send the current logs. Do this with your watch connected and I can find the data, if you do it without a watch connected then please post the 'XX..' refererence Id it displays.

    For some reason Edge must be associated as the default application to handle links opened by MySports Connect. Can you try the steps here
    http://www.solveyourtech.com/how-to-choose-what-program-opens-when-i-click-a-link-in-outlook/
    (it's for opening links in Outlook, but the idea is the same; Windows is using the wrong browser for links opened by another application).

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • PRWIPRWI Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Och yes? but it doesn't work on windows 8.1 so just after auto update I saw enclosed picture any ideas?
    25415c14-27e8-4417-b8ff-6b01d2188734.png
    Previous version worked fine...
  • Allegretto wrote:
    issues experienced after update (and _not_ before):
    - re-export of activities by double-clicking ttbin files does not work (at least for activities which where initially exported when connect and watch update was executed, not tested for others): export to third party portals (strava and endomondo) was paused and re-enabled for re-export; behavior: connect app icon in task bar just blinks - that's it
    - ejecting device does not work - in no way: connect app just does nothing, ejecting via windows not possible for device being in use - even after connect app was stopped regularly
    - restarting connect application with connected tomtom device causes windows error message: 671103e5-b512-43d6-a023-1b9330ff84c2.png

    system: native 64-bit Win8, runner 2

    sorry, but I somehow miss the "up" in the update...
    Hi. The eject button should eject the Music volume, are you saying that neither that nor using right-click Eject from File Explorer works?

    Regarding the 'No disk' error message. Have you tried restarting your computer. I have only ever seen that once before and a restart solved the issue.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • PRWI wrote:
    Och yes? but it doesn't work on windows 8.1 so just after auto update I saw enclosed picture any ideas?
    25415c14-27e8-4417-b8ff-6b01d2188734.png
    Previous version worked fine...
    Hi. The error message says that your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 2.0, that is surprising since it was released 12 years ago. Are you using the latest graphics drivers? If not I would update them and see if that solves the issue.

    If you still have no luck then let me know and I will pm you for how to get information about the graphics card.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • Hi again. Also are you running in 16bit color depth mode? That could maybe cause an issue. To check Right-click on the desktop and select 'Resolution' then click 'Advanced Settings' and finally click the 'Monitor' tab of the new window. At the bottom left it has a 'Colors' drop down which should be set to 32 bit.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • PRWIPRWI Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    For some reasons I cannot find this settings after doing described steps... sorry...
  • PRWI wrote:
    For some reasons I cannot find this settings after doing described steps... sorry...
    Hi. At what point do you get to?
    1. Right click on the desktop and select 'Screen Resolution'
    2. Click the Advanced Settings of the new window that has opened.
    3. Click the Monitor tab of the new window that has opened.
    4. Check the 'Colors' drop down is set to 32bit.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • tibtib Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    New interface is harder to use, missing button to access file storage location on computer. Missing menu for selecting export file/service selection. This update has significantly reduce the function of the produce originally purchased.
    Hi. There is a known issue that there is no equivalent of the icon to open the watch directory. It is however in the same location
    [home directory]/TomTom MySports/[watch name]/
    e.g.
    C:\Users\[your user]\TomTom MySports\[watch name]

    Please please restore the button :)

    (Thank you for the tip)
    bazzer007 wrote:
    I liked to keep an archive of the .ttbin file for each of my activities etc...
    Hi. There should be no need to keep ttbin files since these are an internal format file and so not of any use outside of our servers.

    Some tools are already able to convert ttbin files.
    Maybe you consider it could be removed as you kindly support export to other file format. :$
    But all in all, maybe let the decision to user is the best.

    While I'm here... I would say I'm extremely satisfied with my watch. Thank you guys.

    And... what happened to opentom ahah :D

    Regards.

    Thibault
  • PRWIPRWI Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    My settings are:
    07f83094-416c-4fc6-a766-009a90f48a1a.png
    so I have newest 64bit driver for this card:
    f6520fce-1930-44a2-9e01-38b0a46781fe.png
    so it still doesn't work, but as I said previous version worked fine...
  • Hi. We have found a work around for the "Can't create OpenGL context" error. MySports Connect uses software rendering rather than hardware since this stops problems bugs in older graphics drivers. However it means that it uses older features of the OpenGL specification which newer cards may not support (though they should if they support the OpenGL standard). If you get the "Can't create OpenGL context" error (see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/new-mysports-connect-v309-available-for-download-1010833?postid=1116891 screen shot) then try the following

    1. Press Windows+E to open file explorer
    2. Copy and paste the following line into the location box at the top

    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect

    3. Right click on the TomTom MySports Connect application and select 'Create Shortcut'. It may ask to save the shortcut to to the desktop. If it doesn't then drag the new shortcut from the window onto the desktop
    4. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties
    5. Click inside the Target box and press the "End" key to move the cursor to the end of the line.
    6. Press space and type --hw-gfx (note the 2 dashes at the start).
    7. Click Ok
    8. Start MySports Connect using the shortcut.

    Regards,
    Stuart.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0